Manufacturing Supervisor – Production Lead
Progressive and growing precision machining/assembly manufacturing company, located in the Benton Harbor, MI area is currently seeking an Manufacturing Specialist Lead to join their assembly operations. This role will assist the Operations Manager and other "Leads" to instruct and lead a group of employees on obtaining production, quality, and safety goals in accordance with overall plant goals.
This is a training opportunity to segue into other senior level engineering and/or operation roles in the next 2-3 years.
- Assist assembly operations to ensure a safe and accident free work environment.
- Supervise and motivates a team of 15-20 employees through training and coaching and assign tasks, directing employees work.
- Become a subject matter expert on equipment and help maintenance staff trouble shoot any issues.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, lead projects, and help with the implementation of new projects coming online.
- Help coordinate the flow of production between shifts, communicating relevant information about production activities and potential issues.
- Act as a liaison between team and senior management to maintain good working relationship.
- Work closely with quality on LEAN and continuous improvement initiatives.
Looking for an energetic professional with 2-5 years of applicable experience. Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical discipline preferred.
Background in machining and assembly environments, general manufacturing. Able to multi-tasks and work under pressure and work independently with a minimum amount of oversight. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Business Application software and ERP software. High degree of mechanical aptitude. Experience with Lean Systems, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
Position offers attractive base compensation plus quarterly paid bonus program along with excellent benefits.
Send resume to Dan Witters at email@example.com