Career Strategy Consultants is seeking a General Manager for a large manufacturing client near Midlothian, TX. This position will offer a generous base salary, full benefits, and a lucrative bonus incentive. This position will also offer the potential for future career advancement.
SUMMARY of JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Reports directly to the President and Chief Operating Officer. Identifies, recommends, makes and/or approves major business, engineering, and operational decisions to ensure the facility is running optimally. Ensures that Vision, Culture (including core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Drive and Customer Focus) and Accountability are an integral part of operational and personnel objectives. Effectively develops teams that are able to achieve comprehensive corporate objectives. Sets policies and makes decisions guiding productivity, quality, profit and loss and cost efficiency of plant operations. Establishes systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals. Leads the development and deployment of manufacturing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement. Ensures robust plant safety, environmental and security procedures and training are in place and that operations are in compliance with all required regulations. Leads labor relations activities involving the plant consistent with established enterprise-wide labor relations goals and objectives. Directs plant level support functions including safety, accounting, materials, quality assurance, and human resources to ensure alignment with overall plant operations.
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with others.
- The ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with colleagues, subordinates, vendors, and others.
- The ability to multi-task and engage in detailed and, at times, complicated analyses.
- The ability to learn and use an enterprise-wide computer system and supporting other technologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in mechanical or industrial engineering, material science and/or other relevant disciplines
- At least 10 years of industrial/manufacturing experience as a Plant and/or General Manager in a manufacturing environment (preferably in the steel industry) with responsibility for production, quality, on-time delivery, and profit-and-loss
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in being the lead change agent in complex transformational activities
- Proven ability to analyze problems and provide innovative solutions
- Proven success designing, implementing, communicating and meeting KPI goals