We seek an Internal Auditor for our client’s full-service commercial bank (commercial, international, trade, finance and real estate lending) with offices in California and New York.
This role conducts internal audits, performs SOX control testing, follows up on audit recommendations and assists with special projects as assigned. Frequent overtime is not expected but may occur occasionally depending on current workload and deliverables.
The ideal candidate brings a BA degree in finance (or similar) with 3+ years’ accounting experience, specifically conducting external, internal or operational auditing with detailed documentation of work performed.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.About the Position:
- Develop audit scope and plans
- Test analytical procedures
- Perform 1-2 audits monthly
- Oversee and review audit work performed by other personnel and 3rd party vendors
- Prepare work documentation detailing the audit work completed
- Develop and execute testing plans
- Document audit tests, findings and conclusions
- Develop and maintain internal controls
- Establish, monitor and enforce accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee compliance (Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404) and regulatory activities
- Communicate findings thoroughly with management, staff and clients
- Identify audit issues and outline solutions
- Recommend process improvements and corrective actions to department managers
- Follow up on the status of outstanding audit issues.
- Other duties assigned as needed
This list of duties is not comprehensive.