Fiber Process Lead
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Career Recruiting Specialists is partners with a major manufacturing company located in Barnwell, SC. We are seeking an experienced Fiber Process Lead. This is a global company who offers an excellent benefit and compensation package. The ideal candidate would have worked in the pulp and paper industry.
This is a Canadian company that produces, converts, and markets packaging and tissue products composed mainly of recycled fibers. They employs more than 11,700 people in more than 85 operating units in North America. It was founded in 1964.
Full Job Description
Paper Mill Experience Required
The Fiber Supervisor is responsible for supervising a shift team the Pulp Mill . This position provides leadership and supervision for the Fiber process operating crews, supports the operating crews’ contribution to achieving the Fiber department objectives, and facilitates sound business decisions. The Fiber Process Lead is accountable for the daily coordination of available mill resources to ensure continuity of department operations.
The primary focus of the Fiber Process Lead is to support the immediate needs of the mill through supervision of the employee crews on a rotating shift basis, to maintain a safe, environmentally sound, and efficient operation to achieve maximum quality production at minimum cost.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Supervises approximately 30 hourly employees.
- Directs the day-to-day activities of the crew.
- Responsible for the resolution of crew issues.
- Provides daily communications to the crew.
- Responsible for performance counseling of individuals for unacceptable performance relating to safety, quality, productivity and/or inappropriate behaviors to include disciplinary action if required.
- Prepares and distributes end of shift report.
- Performs daily audits to ensure that safety, housekeeping, basic care rounds, and established job standards are followed.
- Serves as liaison to communicate identified problems to support team as well as problem status feedback to the crew.
- Supports mill and department goals in safety, environmental compliance, quality, cost, productivity and continuous improvement.
- Accountable for overall crew performance in accordance to established key performance indicators (KPI’s) to include: safety, environmental, housekeeping, quality, cull and production efficiency. Takes necessary actions to ensure goals are achieved in a team environment by leading or promoting problem solving and development of countermeasures with or by crew members.
- Manages individual job assignments and crew member training plans with assistance from other department personnel.
- Responsible for the daily management of the time/attendance system.
- Facilitates effective communication and production planning between departments.
- Responsible for improving crew engagement and conducting one-to-ones with direct reports.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain change
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to set expectations and motivate crew members toward meeting mill and department goals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Supervising: 1 year (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
- Must be able to work rotating shift schedule rotating 12 hour shift schedule
- Willingness and ability to fully manage 24/7 operation directly and through direct reports
- Frequent, bending, stooping, squatting, as well as frequent movement throughout the facility for extended periods of time up to 12-hour
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office, hand tools or electrical equipment
- Employee is required to wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses and hearing protecting when in the manufacturing area.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles and times of increased heat and humidity.
- The noise level in the immediate work environment is normally quiet, however requires exposure to a noisy manufacturing environment.
- Building effective teams
- Drive for results
- Functional technical skills
- Action Oriented
- Priority Setting
- Conflict management
- Developing direct reports
Career Recruiting SpecialistsWhy Work Here?
Rapidly growing company with numerous opportunities for growth.
We are a full-service Direct Hire Recruiting Service based in GA, SC, and VA
AddressBeech Island, SC