- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Essential Job Function
- Prepare construction documents for mechanical design/build projects.
- Assist the PreConstruction team with conceptual designs, one-lines, preliminary system selections and high-level energy analysis, code reviews, and support and attendance at project interviews.
- Coordinate with other trades on the project team; architects, general contractors, and other design disciplines.
- Evaluate design parameters and system solutions for projects with respect to both technical and budget requirements.
- Prepare heating, ventilating and cooling load calculations; mechanical system sizing and equipment selections, and develop a working knowledge of codes and reference standards.
- Involvement in all facets of a project, from conceptual design, design engineering, LEED analysis and documentation, construction observation, trouble-shooting, commissioning support, to project close-out.
- Establish and manage engineering design budgets with Project Managers and PreConstruction teams in house.
- Conduct building surveys to ascertain the installed condition as required for the design and construction of new work in existing buildings.
- Acts as a technical leader for other engineers and designers within the department.
- Attend meetings and participate in activities of local professional organizations such as ASHRAE and ASPE
- Bachelor's Degree in Architectural or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Most possess the qualifications and desire to obtain a Professional Engineering license if candidate does not already have it.
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience required with skills in mechanical design / build projects.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Strong interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at different levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment or independently, flexibility to adapt to changing needs/situations.
We’re crafting a deeper understanding of industry challenges, new technologies, and what it takes for people to feel good about their work so they can apply their expertise to deliver excellence.
Get fresh Mechanical Engineer Project jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.