Electrical Project Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We design relationships as thoughtfully as we design buildings. Relationships with our clients, consultants and colleagues. For we believe the best design solutions require collaboration. A diverse firm of 400+ professionals serving a wide range of sectors, My client's approach to design involves listening, learning, sharing, exploring. We are fiercely committed to our clients and united in our goal to discover the unique design solutions that best support their future success.
Our Mission Critical practice, stemming from our newly established Baltimore office, is growing. Our team of experts include award-winning engineers with a 20+ year track record of designing successful data centers, setting new standards in the U.S. and beyond. Focused on design that works, we're searching for a quality-minded, self-motivated and relationship-building Electrical Design Engineer to join them - a valued player developing new and creative solutions to the complex problems within mission critical facilities.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design, and review of electrical systems. This includes drawings, specifications, reports, cost estimates, and similar products and services. Electrical systems generally include power, lighting, communication, electronic security, and fire alarm systems. Besides, the Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for the development of design narratives, feasibility reports, power system studies, one-line diagrams, and engineering details.
- Prepare electrical design solutions using a thorough knowledge of industry and constructability practices.
- Perform engineering calculations and design all phases of a project with little to no supervision.
- Utilize Microsoft Office products, CADD, BIM/Revit, ETAP or SKM Power System Analysis, and other industry software.
- Actively participate in scope assessment and fee preparation including attending preproposal and pre-bid meetings.
- Incorporate a detailed understanding of the governing codes and standards affecting the work.
- Execute construction phase review services consisting of submittal review, RFI responses, and changes.
- Lead and mentor junior staff.
- Attend meetings and lead electrical discussions.
- Conduct field surveys, energy audits, life cycle cost analyses, and cost estimating.
- Direct coordination and contact with clients under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Establishing good relationships with clients, vendors, suppliers, and other professionals.
- Problem-solving, decision-making, and analytic skills.
- Adhere to design and construction budgets, schedules, and deliverables.
- Commitment to maintaining a high standard of quality in the delivery of technical solutions, customer service, and ethical standards.
- Self-driven to complete design and analysis tasks for projects as well as coordinate design and design issues with the senior associate, project manager, team members, and outside design consultants.
- Ability to self-manage as well as lead and direct a small team of junior colleagues while still designing/engineering key project elements in the creation of premium quality, clear, and coordinated construction contract documents.
- Professional work ethic and strong desire to work as part of a multidiscipline design team. Fit in and work with the other members of the team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with colleagues, peers, and clients.
- Strong familiarity with national, state, and local building codes and industry standards
- Working knowledge of mission critical facilities, e.g., data centers, sustainable design principles and energy code requirements.
- Actively communicate, collaborate, and coordinate effectively with clients, co-workers, and others.
- Progressive, energetic, and positive work attitude to contribute to and excel in a team environment.
- Effectively work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
Competencies, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering or equivalent.
2. Passed Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer-In-Training (EIT).
3. Preferred Qualifications/Certifications:
a.) Professional Engineer (PE)
b.) LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP, LEED BD+C)
c.) Commissioning Authority (Cx A)
d.) Lighting Certified (LC)
e.) Accredited Tier Designer (ATD)
4. Minimum seven (7) years of industry-related engineering experience in mission critical facilities.
3600 O'Donnell St STE 1FWoodlawn, MD
Get fresh Building Design jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.