LTAC Hospital RN Full Time- Days/ Nights 12 hour Shifts
CareOne LTACH @ at Trinitas Regional Medical Center
At the CareOne LTAC Hospital we are proud to offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Opportunities to advance and grow your career
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
The primary responsibility of Registered Nurse is to coordinate total nursing care for patients, participate in patient and family teaching and provide leadership by working cooperatively within ancillary nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professtional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Maintains the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the hospital and Nursing Department
- Provides care for the Adult and Geriatric patient, ages 18 and over
- Assesses the patient's condition and nursing needs, set goals, prescribes appropriate nursing intervention to achieve those goals and meet the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of the patient, including discharge planning.
- Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding patients to the appropriate person (i.e. physician, charge nurse) and records those observations accurately and concisely.
- Assigns nursing care to other team member's in accordance with the patient's needs and the personnel's capabilities and qualifications, and assigns other duties as needed.
- Initiates and leads team conferences and development of individualized nursing care plan as directed.
- Administers medications and performs treatments to assigned patients.
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures such as thoracentesis, lumbar tap, brochoscopy, etc.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel.
- Assists team members in providing care to patients or administers direct care when professional nursing skills and judgement are needed.
- Coordinates nursing care of patients when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments.
- Establishes and maintains communications and utilizes teaching opportunities with patients and other significant individuals.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients such as cardiac arrest.
- Participates in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment.
- Participates actively in committees for improvement of nursing care.
- Actively participates in continuing education programs for self-development.
- Is knowledgeable about the emotional and rehabilitative aspects of care and is capable of applying appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Participates in the Hazardous Material Program. Hazards include exposure to blood and body fluids, possible communicable diseases, sharp objects and instruments, assorted chemicals and gasses.
- Associate's Degree from credentialed school of nursing.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice.
- 1 year of related nursing experience