St. Petersburg, FL (Downtown)
Medical Data Entry Specialist Job Summary:
- Manage inbound submissions of balance bills/emails from clients and members within required time frames
- Manually enter balance bill data in system
- Set up balance bill cases with all required attachments and assign to applicable party
- Process outbound correspondence to clients and members
- Attach inbound mail to appropriate balance bill cases
- Apply knowledge and skills to activities that may vary from day to day
- Solve routine problems independently
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet agreed upon deadlines
- Works well with others as part of a team
Medical Data Entry Specialist Background:
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s degree is a plus.
- Strong data entry skills required.
- At least 1 year healthcare experience; can be from a medical office, hospital, or health plan, or other healthcare support role with heavy computer & database use.
- Strongly prefer experience at a Managed Care Organization (Health Plan, IPA/Medical Group, HMO, TPA/MSO, etc).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and able to learn new and complexc computer systems
- Must have a minimum of 40 wpm typing with a high level of accuracy.