CareHarmony’s Care Coordinators are Certified or Registered Medical Assistants. They are experts in helping patients and caregivers navigate the healthcare system and better manage the patient’s chronic illnesses. Care Coordinators will work cooperatively with the patient’s primary care physicians to help support their patients.
Position Details: This is a telephonic coordinator position with no face-to-face patient contact. CareHarmony is seeking Care Coordinators, with prior clinical work experience, to support patients navigate the healthcare system.
All work will be conducted in our Brentwood, TN offices.
As CareHarmony expands, the individual will be able to explore other career opportunities within the company.
Candidate Qualities: We are looking for independent workers who are genuinely committed to patient care. Ideal candidates will exhibit strong attention to detail, ability to problem solve, and critical thinking skills. Ideal candidates must be able to foster a cooperative work environment amongst clinical and non-clinical staff. Ideal candidates will not only be comfortable on the phone, but also demonstrate an ability to establish and foster relationships with their patients.
· Maintain and monitor their own patient census
· Conduct telephonic care coordination with chronically ill patients and their families
· Work cooperatively, in a team atmosphere
· Manage a patient’s Care Pathway including helping them set their goals and track progress
· Assess, identify, and close clinical and non-clinical gaps in patient care
· Manage referrals and appointment scheduling
· Identify community resources (both clinical and non-clinical) that would be beneficial to the patient and help them access those resources
· Provide patient education on management of chronic conditions or on post-discharge instructions
· Perform medication management, including identifying potential medication issues, answering patient questions on side effects and medication conflicts, and coordinating refills.
· Assist in ensuring timely delivery of services such Home Health, DME, Home Infusion and other critical needs
- CMA, or RMA required
- Candidates should be excited and energized by learning new skills
- Enjoys solving problems
- Prior healthcare experience serving chronically ill patients preferred
- Can work collaboratively
- Basic technology skills required – should be very comfortable with computers
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Compassionate and friendly demeanor
- Enjoys working in a fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
- Bilingual skills a major plus
CareHarmony is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants on the basis of qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected status.