Sr. Financial Analyst (FP&A- Headcount)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We're on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We're moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we're applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you're all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will Be Like:
This position will provide support to the Financial Planning & Analysis team in carrying out a variety of finance initiatives and functions. The role requires a highly organized person who demonstrates a very keen attention to detail, a high level of proficiency with Excel with comfort working in complex spreadsheets, an understanding of financial concepts, and strong communication skills.
What You'll Be Working On:
- This role operates within the Corporate team within the FP&A group
- Provide finance support for company-wide headcount planning, as well as all operating expenses in the Engineering and Product portfolio
- Prepare, compile, analyze and communicate information for financial reporting and analysis for noted areas of responsibility
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting, month end close, variance analysis and reporting related to headcount, engineering and product teams
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization (HR, IT, Product, Engineering, etc.) to drive financial performance and provide critical analytical decision-making
- Build and maintain reports / dashboards for weekly and monthly headcount tracking & forecasting
- Advise business and finance leaders of opportunities and risks impacting business performance and achieving hiring targets
- Review headcount reports to summarize HC trends and provide data insight to senior management
- Operate with a high degree of independence and limited level of direct supervision.
- Promote thought leadership in process improvement to scale forecasting and reporting tools, procedures, and methodologies
- Prepare materials for key meetings (Weekly and monthly business review meetings, forecast update meetings, etc.)
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed and present findings to senior management
- Be a trusted advisor to the Director and VP of FP proactively collaborate, influence, and align team's contributions to achieve overall company business strategy.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in, Finance, Economics or equivalent quantitative major
- 2+ years of experience in finance in a corporate environment
- Must have experience in the tech industry, management consulting, or investment banking
- 1+ years of experience building complicated financial models
- Solid understanding of finance, accounting, economics, and statistics
- SQL skills are a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency with MS office products
- Ability to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).
Salary Range: $115,000 - 145,000 The base salary range above represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Care.com's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses and short- and long-term incentives. In addition, Care.com provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life, and disability insurance, a generous 401K employer matching program, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Financial Analyst FP&A jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.