*** Note: this position requires permanent residence in Colorado Springs ***
Overall responsibility is to develop and maintain community partnerships in order to maximize food distribution and access throughout Care and Share Food Bank’s 31-county service area. This position is responsible for all aspects of agency and programmatic development and services, outreach, staffing, budgeting and compliance with Feeding America and other regulatory agencies.
In addition, the Programs Director is a key part of our leadership team and is to lead by example, serving as an advocate for the entire organization and drives with great enthusiasm towards feeding more neighbors. The Programs Director has demonstrated leadership experience creating an environment and culture that thrives off positivity, passion and excellence.
Program Support and Partnerships:
- Oversee all activities with our regional partners to ensure that goals and objectives of strategic plan are met, as well as goals and objectives of each program. Programs Include: The Emergency Food Assistance Program, Commodity Supplemental Food Program, Send Hunger Packing, School Pantry Program, Mobile Food Pantries, Mobile Markets, Supplement Nutrition Assistance Program, Cooking Matters and onsite Community Gardens and Kitchens
- Supervise senior regional manager and provide leadership support to the entire regional team
- Supervise the Cooking Matters, Mobile Market and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program teams
- Review applications requesting partnership in tandem with regional team
- Assist COO with the development and administration of budget
- Closely monitor goals and metrics to ensure deliverable results within budget, keep teams on track in terms of pounds goals
- Ensure team provides excellent customer service and communication to partners, as well as internally with Operations teams
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are developed, implemented, and maintained
- Work with all Care and Share functional teams to ensure seamless service is provided to agencies in a cost efficient and effective manner
- Ensure federal compliance within TEFAP and CSFP programs, oversee public bidding and vendor relations, and financial planning and compliance
- Monitor, evaluate, and plan the need for food for programs with COO
- Responsible for hiring, training, and providing professional development opportunities and performance reviews for all staff in the Programs reporting structure
- Ensure compliance and serve as an expert with internal and external affiliation agreements/contracts, policies and procedures including but not limited to Feeding America, USDA, state, county and local authorities, partner agencies and other community partners
- Provide regular, timely, thorough, and accurate reports including spreadsheets, presentations, and narratives, as needed by external and internal parties. This includes preparing for any and all audits of FSF, grant requirements, demographics, and distribution of information.
- Design/re-design processes and procedures as needed and integrate technology, when appropriate to gain efficiencies.
- Understand all funding sources, to include reimbursement programs as well as grant funded work.
Work experience requirements:
- Strong leadership background and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or four to five years equivalent work experience
- Clean driving record and background check
- A working vehicle, valid CO driver’s license, and minimum insurance levels ($100,00/$300,000/$100,000 liability coverage)
- Travel required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Supervisory experience in diverse work environments
- Ability to make decisions consistent with Care and Share’s mission and strategic plan
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment as a strong team leader
- Knowledge and experience of organizational management in the non-profit sector
- Commitment to the mission of Care and Share Food Bank
Care and Share Food Bank