Certified Medication Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 Hourly
The Certified Medication Technician is responsible for (a) implementation of nursing care as directed by the RN Supervisor (b) accurately reporting client responses to treatments to the RN Supervisor.
- Assist the RN Supervisor in prioritizing family needs and responding appropriately to those needs.
- Follow the plan of Care as written by the RN Supervisor.
- Perform all procedures safely.
- Documents actions and clients response to care provided.
- Actively listens to any concerns expressed by the client
- Practice universal standard precautions: proper hand-washing, contaminated laundry.
- Use equipment safely
- Maintain clients comfort and well-being.
- Perform ADL’s: Bathing, Dressing, Toileting, Grooming, Oral Care
- Administer Medication
- Meal Preparation and Feeding Assistance
- Rehabilitation Exercises (Passive ROM, FROM)
- Transfer, mobility assistance
- Vital signs – B/P, Temperature, pulse, respiration
- Assess and report change in condition status including temperature, respiration blood pressure, mental status and alertness, illness ( diarrhea and nausea and vomiting), etc. . .
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the RN Supervisor the client’s response to care provided.
- Assist the RN in revising the plan of care by objectively documenting and reporting client responses.
- Assist the RN in revising short and long term goals for the client.
- Assist and encourage the client in expressing any concerns or questions the may have.
- Current unrestricted MD Certified Medication Technician license
- Current unrestricted MD Nursing Assistant certification.
- Current CPR Certification
- 1 year experience in the pediatric, hospital, nursing home, or home care environment in the past two years.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Three references: two professional, one character.
- Criminal background check.
- Health Clearance – Annual Physical exam, PPD or chest x-ray, and Hep B clearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Service orientation
- Active listening
- Social perceptiveness
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Home Health
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
All Healthcare staff are required to wear Masks and appropriate PPE when working with co-workers and clients. Proof of Vaccination (original doses) is required for considered employment.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Certified Medication Aide (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
** We have jobs in Prince George's County and Montgomery County.
Care Positive LLC
AddressPrince George's County, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?