Registered Nurse (RN) - Admissions Nurse -10K sign on
- $70,000 Yearly
Care Advantage is a home care company that specializes in one-on- one quality personal care and companionship in the home, hospital, nursing home or rehabilitation center. We tailor make care plans that works for our clients whether transitioning from the hospital to home or companionship for a few hours a day. Our staff is comprised of individuals who care about the patients we serve and the services we deliver. Care Advantage is here to give families and facilities peace of mind and to provide affordable nursing help with whatever is needed, whenever it is needed.
The Home Health Supervisor is under the direct supervision and direction of the Director of Clinical Services and the Senior Administrator. The Home Health Supervisor oversees assigned home care patients, Home Health Nurses, Home Health Aides, and Personal Care Aides. The Home Health Supervisor works collaborative with all departments to provide high quality care in a safe enviornment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The Home Health Supervisor provides relations between Social Workers, Clients, Patients, and Employees:
- Calls on Social Workers, Physicians and provides information regarding services offered by Care Advantage to include brochures and rates of services.
- Follows up and maintains relationships with clients by written and verbal communication. Standard II: The Home Health Supervisor provides start of care and information to patient and the families.
- Makes initial contact with the patients and explains services offered.
- Designs a plan of care for patient for the employee to follow and leaves a copy of the plan of care in the Start of Care folder.
- Reports progress of care to Social Workers who referred cases, as indicated.
- Follows up and does start of care for referrals and other cases as assigned.
- Keeps Home Health Director and Office Administrator abreast of all assigned patients' condition and/or changes in medical status
The Home Health Supervisor will follow all duties as described under the Home Health Licensure for the State of Virginia regulations, as well as maintains standards appropriate to, Virginia State Licensure, and OSHA. The duties of the Supervisor shall include:
- Knowledge of OSHA, and Virginia State Licensure Regulations governing home health and nursing practice.
- Conducting orientation and training or supervising the orientation and training of agency employees assigned to the nursing service as directed.
- Assisting with the assigning of RNs, LPNs, Certified Nursing Assistants/Personal Care Aides and other nursing support staff to individual patients.
- Assisting in OSHA training of employees.
- Performing initial in-home evaluation as assigned of patients requiring services of a registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, home health aide, personal care aide, or other nursing support staff.
- Initiating the patient's plan of care in accordance with nursing needs specified in the approved plan of treatment.
- Revising patient's plan of treatment at least quarterly.
- Delivering or supervising the delivery of skilled nursing services.
- Initiating preventative and rehabilitation nursing services.
- Preparing and coordinating clinical and progress notes on nursing services delivered.
- In-home supervision of nursing services delivered by licensed practical nurses, home health aides, personal care aides and other nursing support staff.
- If the agency contracts with individuals to deliver registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, home health aides, personal care aides, or other nursing support staff, the agency nurse supervisor shall be responsible for conducting in-home supervisory visits.
- If the agency contracts with other agencies or legal entities to deliver registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, home health aide, personal care aide, or other nursing support services, the agency nurse supervisor shall be responsible for assuring that the in-home supervisory visits are conducted by the contractor.
- In-home supervisory visits shall be made when the registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, home health aide, personal care aide, or other nursing support employees being supervised are present and delivering services to the patient.
- Reporting changes in the patient's medical or mental condition to the attending physician and to agency employees and contractors involved in the patient's care.
- Teaching or supervising the teaching of household members who are responsible for assisting the patient with his/her nursing or personal care needs.
- Participating in quality improvement reviews, as requested.
- Participating in marketing, recruitment and other duties as assigned.
- Must process an active Virginia license
- Minimum of _1___ years in a __Nursing____ role
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to apply and analyze data as it pertains to quality and compliance metrics
- Comfortable working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of an organization
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able travel on a regularly basis
To be effective in this role, you must be able to meet basic physical demands which include the ability to sit, stand, squat, twist and turn from time to time. You must be able to lift a minimum of __10_____ pounds. Workplace accommodations may be available based on medical recommendations and when it does not create a hardship for the company.
[This position requires regular travel and may include overnight and/or weekend work hours on occasion.]
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Care Advantage Inc. CorporateWilmington, DE
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.