Patient Educator (Traveling "Jump Team") - Contract-to-Hire
Care Access New Orleans, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Welcome to Care Access, a national network of clinical research sites. We are on a mission to bring a new healthcare system to life by making the clinical research process better, faster and more efficient. Care Access is currently seeking Patient Educators to participate in a new set of clinical trials for high profile nationwide studies. This person will interact with patients, discuss treatment options, and health concerns as well as medical decision making.
Full time positions are available, however many Patient Educators are hired on a Contract-to-Permanent basis.
Our goal is to engage every healthcare professional in clinical research and to make clinical trials a care option for every patient. Our philosophy regarding clinical trials allows us to maintain relevance and gives us the opportunity to work on groundbreaking and pivotal studies within the US healthcare system.
Important Abilities and Experience
The ideal candidate will be a self motivated individual. Understanding how to talk to people and form/maintain good relationships (such as client facing, customer service, or sales experience) will be used day to day. Having a medical or research background will help you hit the ground running, but is not completely necessary.
Candidates must feel comfortable using technology and have the ability to travel as well as work from home. You will be joining a fast-growing team that is dedicated to protecting patients and producing high-quality research in collaboration with our sponsors.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Be the Patient Educator on a clinical research team that travels to areas all over the united states where patients are being informed and recruited for clinical trials. (~70% travel). Some recruitment and administrative work can be done from home (~30%).
- Represent Care Access and trial opportunities to patients at large events.
- Initiate and discuss opportunities for partnering with local large organizations, doctors offices, labs, facilities, etc.
- Form rapport and provide strong working relationships with medical partners.
- Educate partners on existing trials and how to conduct patient recruitment within their networks.
- Ensure warm handoffs between team members with the patients who choose to participate in the study.
- Support the larger clinical research team.
- Coordinate with National Patient Education Leads on weekly calls and emails.
- Proficient in clinical discussions with patients
- Passion for the mission of clinical trials and health care
- Strong understanding of HIPAA and patient confidentiality
- Ability to manage data collection in a variety of settings with diverse populations
- Emotional Intelligence with an empathy and understanding of experimental and health psychology
- Ability to work well with a diverse team of clinicians, researchers and coordinators
- Experience starting and completing projects with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong communication skills, personable and leadership capabilities
- Strong organizational skills including maintaining deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving ability and self-starter mentality
- Knowledge of human subjects ethics and Institutional Review Board (IRB) research protocols preferred
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Continue to finding treatments for major illnesses and therapeutic areas
- Bring clinical trial to those who are vulnerable and unable to travel to study sites
- Opportunity to travel around the country with all travel expenses covered
- Deepen your experience in clinical research through an innovative study design
- Compensation structure reflective of education and experience
- Coordinate with research teams from Care Access and outside companies
At Care Access, every day we are advancing medical breakthroughs. We’re uniting standard patient care with cutting-edge treatments and research. The work that we do brings life-changing therapies to those who are in need and paves the way for newer and greater treatments to reach the world. We’re proud to advance these breakthroughs and to work with the big players while also engaging with the very best physicians and caring for patients. Through innovation and a unique technology-enabled service model, our team of experts is paving the way to take this vision forward.
We care. Our values are rooted in being genuine, finding new ideas, and building something meaningful. Influenced by our values, we have built a culture valuing communication and dialogue: we care about what everyone has to say and we spend energy on being equal and inclusive. Along the way, we are caring for each other, accelerating medicine, and seeding a long-term impact for generations to come.
Care Access is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class
AddressNew Orleans, LA
HealthcareView all jobs at Care Access