Patient Educator (Traveling "Jump Team") Contract-to-Hire
- Expired: November 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Welcome to Care Access, a national network of clinical research sites. We are on a mission to bring a new healthcare system to life by making the clinical research process better, faster, and more efficient. Care Access is currently seeking Patient Educators to participate in a new set of clinical trials for high-profile nationwide studies. This person will interact with patients, discuss treatment options, and health concerns as well as medical decision-making.
Full-time positions are available, however, Patient Educators are hired on a Contract-to-Permanent basis.
Our goal is to engage every healthcare professional in clinical research and to make clinical trials a care option for every patient. Our philosophy regarding clinical trials allows us to maintain relevance and gives us the opportunity to work on groundbreaking and pivotal studies within the US healthcare system.
Important Abilities and Experience
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual. Understanding how to talk to people and form/maintain good relationships (such as client-facing, customer service, or sales experience) will be used day to day. Having a medical or research background will help you hit the ground running, but is not completely necessary.
Candidates must feel comfortable using technology and have the ability to travel as well as work from home. You will be joining a fast-growing team that is dedicated to protecting patients and producing high-quality research in collaboration with our sponsors.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Be the Patient Educator on a clinical research team that travels to areas all over the United States where patients are being informed and recruited for clinical trials. (~80% travel). Some recruitment and administrative work can be done from home (~20%).
- Educate potential research participants, and clinical research partners on the trial and conduct patient recruitment for studies.
- Represent Care Access and trial opportunities to patients at large events, with potential research study participants, their families, healthcare facility administrators, and other potential partners for clinical research studies.
- Initiate and discuss opportunities for partnering with local large organizations, doctor's offices, labs, facilities, etc.
- Form rapport and provide strong working relationships with medical partners.
- Educate partners on existing trials and how to conduct patient recruitment within their networks.
- Ensure warm handoffs between team members with the patients who choose to participate in the study.
- Support the larger clinical research team.
- Coordinate with National Patient Education Leads on weekly calls and emails.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years of proficient clinical discussions with patients.
- Experience providing informational presentations in a variety of settings.
- Proficient using Google Suite and comfortable learning new technology.
- Passion for the mission of clinical trials and health care.
- Strong understanding of HIPAA and patient confidentiality.
- Ability to manage data collection in a variety of settings with diverse populations.
- Emotional Intelligence with empathy and understanding of experimental and health psychology.
- Ability to work well with a diverse team of clinicians, researchers, and coordinators.
- Experience starting and completing projects with a high degree of autonomy.
- Strong communication skills, personable, and leadership capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills including maintaining deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and self-starter mentality.
- Knowledge of human subjects ethics and Institutional Review Board (IRB) research protocols preferred.
- Being bilingual is a plus.
- Continue finding treatments for major illnesses and therapeutic areas.
- Bring clinical trials to those who are vulnerable and unable to travel to study sites.
- Opportunity to travel around the country with all travel expenses covered.
- Deepen your experience in clinical research through an innovative study design.
- Compensation structure reflective of education and experience.
- Coordinate with research teams from Care Access and outside companies.
* Please provide your resume. *
At Care Access, we embrace the difference and the unique perspective everyone on our team brings to the table. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Care Access is dedicated to unbiased recruiting, hiring, and employment practices. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all our terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. All employment at Care Access is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
HealthcareView all jobs at Care Access