Do you want to make a difference in the life of a Veteran?
OnCourse Maine, a program of Care & Comforts Behavioral Health division, has an immediate opening for an Psych RN. This position provides medical and/or psychiatric nursing to veterans who have severe and persistent mental illness for the treatment of the veterans illness, rehabilitative needs and preventative care Psych RN oversees multiple OnCourse Maine teams in multiple regions.
- Mileage and cell phone reimbursement
- Company laptop
- Supervision from a talended team of clinical experts
- Training and CEU reimbursement
- Strong community involvement
- Chance to work for a 100% Maine owned and managed agency
- Full-time and part-time employees are eligible for our full benefits package and paid time off
- 401k with employer match
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee, plan, provide and evaluate each client's medical and/or psychiatric nursing care to include: personal care, performing treatments as prescribed in the treatment plan, preparing, dispensing and monitoring the effects of medications prescribed by a physician and ensuring interim/renewal physician orders are obtained as necessary and communicated effectively
- Complete ADL and physical health assessments. Assist in developing measurable goals on the treatment plan that are mutually set with the OnCourse Maine team and the veteran and follow-up regularly.
- Coordinate with psychiatrist, licensed mental health professionals, physician and OnCourse Maine team to assess treatment plan and make recommendations/modifications as needed.
- Provide therapeutic intervention to veterans in regard to psychosocial, environmental, and physical well-being.
- Other duties as assigned
RequirementsCandidates must have successfully graduated from an accredited school of nursing and holds a current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Maine. Minimum of 2 years experience working with home health or behavioral health veterans preferred. At least one-year experience in the area of psychiatric nursing preferred. Holds a CPR certification, and participates in continuing education annually as required by state, federal and company regulations.
We offer a competitive salary and participation in our company-sponsored benefit plans to include: employer-contributed Health Insurance with HRA and company paid life and AD&D insurance; voluntary Dental, Short-Term Disability, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for you, your spouse and/or child(ren), paid Time-Off and employer-matched 401(K) Retirement Plan.
Care & Comfort