Do you have experience with medical records and terminology?
Full-time, Waterville Office
We are seeking a full-time Lead Medical Records Specialist to act as custodian to our client medical records. This position manages doctor's orders/plans of care, prepares external requests, and ensures compliance with Federal, State and contractual regulations. This position also provides senior level support and assistance to the department and QA Manager. Duties include:
- Ensure client medical records comply with all federal, state and contractual obligations.
- Review documentation for compliance and provide feedback to various teams.
- Triage areas of concern and communicate issues to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Maintain and distribute Medication Administration Records
- Prepare response and documentation for Licensing, Program Integrity or other requests.
- Primary trainer on systems and process.
- Communicate with primary care providers to authorize care plans and clarify questions.
Full-time; (40 hours/week.) Day shift Monday-Friday; occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Must possess an Associates degree or equivalent experience and have at least two years experience in a healthcare or similar setting. Knowledge of HIPAA helpful. CRMA, medical coding or other medical knowledge preferred.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Proven accuracy in daily work and ability to meet sensitive deadlines
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy
- Professional phone skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office & Outlook
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of, or experience with HIPAA and electronic medical records is preferred
We offer a competitive salary and participation in our company-sponsored benefit plans to include: employer-contributed Health Insurance with HRA and company paid life and AD&D insurance; voluntary Dental, Short-Term Disability, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for you, your spouse and/or child(ren), paid Time-Off and employer-matched 401(K) Retirement Plan.
Benefits may vary for positions that are not full-time.
Care & Comfort