Job title: Education Director (Early Head Start and Head Start)
Reports to: Administrative Director
Who we are: Cardinal McCloskey Community Services is the largest provider of Head Start services in the Bronx. I am proud to say we serve more than 2,000 children and families each year and we are rapidly growing!
Salary/Benefits: Salary for this position is between 55k - 60k dollars a year.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development Assistance, 13 observed holidays, generous 20+ Paid Time Off, and much more!
We are looking for passionate Education Directors who will make a positive and memorable impact in the lives of the children and their families we serve in The Bronx.
In your role she will be expected to oversee all program operations within your site. This includes supervision of all education and support staff, and working collaboratively with Site Director(s) and management team as it relates to professional development guidance/coaching, referring children/families for preventative health & social services, oversee health/nutrition, community outreach/parent volunteerism, and fiscal/administration management.
Essential job duties but not limited to:
• Based on your work location you will be expected to effectively plan the day-to-day operations of the program. Oversee operations of 10 infant toddler classrooms in order to provide continuity of care.
• Developing and maintaining quality standards of education, nurturing of the children including their emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs of the individual child and the group.
• Responsible for monitoring completion of home visits, lesson plans, progress notes, short/long term goals, classroom staff records behavior, child's portfolio and utilizing information with staff for program planning and referrals, as needed.
• Encouraging and support staff to maintain, good continuing relationships with parents, through informal contracts, planned conferences and appropriately shared information about children’s progress.
• Responsibility for professional growth and development of staff through regularly scheduled individual conferences, group and staff meetings and frequent observations and discussion of teacher’s performance with their groups.
• Overall supervision of staff such evaluations, work schedules, vacation coverage and approvals, professional development, individual/team meetings, employee relations
• Recruitment of new staff, interviewing, transfer and promotions of staff
• Overseeing fiscal related needs by working closely with Bookkeeper to maintain financial records and systems, review of expenditures, supplies etc.
• Point of contact of site related audits scheduled by Accountants.
• Ensure children sanitary conditions, repairs are maintained by maintenance staff for the protection of children and avoidance of any DOH violations
• Facilitating the election, establishment and continuation of a parent Advisory Committee (PAC) and facilitating regular communication between the Board and PAC in addition to Board evaluations
• Participate in planning, suggesting and recommending changes in policy and procedures necessary to maintain a program, which meets the needs of the children.
• Monitor and update all licensing information, which may include applying to renew license when necessary.
Job Skills and Experience:
Demonstrate leadership qualities and ability to supervise/lead a team and build strong relationships with families
Participate in Practice Based Coaching
Database experience such as Childplus/TSG
Developmental screening tools such as Ages and Stages and/or Brigance
Proficient in evidence based evaluative tools such as Environmental Rating Scales (ERS) and/or Infant and Toddler CLASS
Familiarity with fiscal/budget management
Ability to adjust to changing priorities/superb time management skills
Valid New York State Teacher’s Certificate Professional/Initial (or equivalent certificate from another state, which is recognized by the New York State of Education) Birth – 2 or Nursery – 6.
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree must be in Early Childhood Education.
Two years group teacher’s experience plus academic course work pertinent to the appropriate age levels.
A minimum of 3-5 years administrative experience in early childhood.
Knowledge of Head Start Performance standards, DOHMH licensing
Excellent written and oral skills.
CMCS is committed to the practice of trauma-informed care in accordance with the tenets of Sanctuary through utilizing the SELF framework for Sanctuary practice and promulgating Sanctuary training and trauma-informed clinical treatment.
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services
Why Work Here?Cardinal McCloskey Community Services (CMCS) is a not-for-profit, social service agency that provides services to the children in our foster care programs, preschool education to over 2,000 three and four year-olds from low income families, and helping over 200 developmentally disabled adults lead more fulfilling and independent lives. We are non-sectarian, providing help to all in need.
Great Benefits, Job Development Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Competitive Wages and Flexible Time Off.
Bronx County, NY