Staff members at CMCS are our greatest asset! We are currently seeking an experienced Home- Based Behavioral Health Specialist! If your looking for an opportunity to impact your local community by providing counseling to children and families in need of behavioral health services then this is the position for you!
Home-Based Behavioral Health Specialist (PPRS):
The Home-Based Behavioral Health Specialist (BHS) will be providing services primarily in the client’s homes and throughout the community. The BHS will identify children and families in the Preventive Services program in need of behavioral health services and, will make referrals and monitor treatment services for quality assurance. The BHS will also provide counseling services as needed and will participate in the development and delivery of staff and parent training. In the exercise of the BHS duties, the BHS will establish communication and consultation links with caseworkers and other agency personnel and will develop cooperative relationships with provider agencies and serve as the liaison to these agencies for accessing behavioral health services.
- Assessment and identification of developmental and emotional problems ,
- Ability to work as interdisciplinary team member,
- Knowledge of appropriate treatment options for common childhood, adolescent and family behavioral health problems,
- Experience in providing therapy/counseling to children and families,
- Ability to identify and monitor appropriate treatment outcomes/objectives,
- Ability to take initiative,
- Computer literate, CONNECTIONS/ PROMIS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to develop systems for data collection, retrieval and analysis. Home visits as needed.
- Provides screenings of all new admissions to determine the need for a more extensive evaluation or for immediate referral for treatment and prepares reports. This includes a substance abuse screening and providing anticipatory guidance to parents on relevant developmental and behavioral issues.*
- Assess children in the program for managed care eligibility by conducting complex trauma screenings and assessments.*
- Conducts periodic updated screenings/assessments as determined by the PPRS Team.*
Essential skills, experience, licensure, certification:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Previous experience providing clinical services to a child/adolescent population preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish is required.
CMCS offers an excellent, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401B, generous paid time off, in-service training, flexible work schedules and competitive salaries. At CMCS, we believe in creating progressive career paths for our staff and provide advanced training in order to promote constant growth and change. We encourage you to join our dedicated and diverse workforce by applying today!
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services
Why Work Here?Cardinal McCloskey Community Services (CMCS) is a not-for-profit, social service agency that provides services to the children in our foster care programs, preschool education to over 2,000 three and four year-olds from low income families, and helping over 200 developmentally disabled adults lead more fulfilling and independent lives. We are non-sectarian, providing help to all in need.
Great Benefits, Job Development Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Competitive Wages and Flexible Time Off.