Maintenance - Building Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Creating value for our customers is the Cardinal Way. Are you ready to make a difference with a fast-growing team? Then why not join the Cardinal Family, where we strive for Excellence?
The Building Engineer is responsible for completing maintenance duties while assuring the preservation and upkeep of all site buildings, common areas, and equipment/tools as necessary. Responsibilities also include providing maintenance services while demonstrating excellent communication, supervisory, and customer service skills. The maintenance technician must be available for emergencies both after hours and on weekends. Overtime hours (over 40 hours per week) must be approved in advance by the Site Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet with the PM daily to receive instructions and report on the progress of currently assigned work.
• Perform general maintenance repairs and supervise the maintenance tech. These include, but are not limited to the knowledge and ability to do the following:
• Basic carpentry repairs
• Basic gardening and lawn maintenance
• Basic plumbing repairs
• Basic electrical repairs
• Painting the common areas
• Drywall and painting repairs as needed
• Report any problems encountered to the PM.
• Daily complete the Maintenance request and work order forms as assigned by the Management office. Perform all requested work as promptly as the schedule permits, and within seventy-two hours. Give priority to emergency repairs. Report any tasks that cannot be performed to the PM and request assistance when needed.
• Initiate/Participate in the semi-annual filter replacement and preventive maintenance program.
• Perform snow removal duties. Anticipate storms, and arrive at the property early in the morning to clear ramps and sidewalks.
• Perform emergency repairs.
• When performing On-Call duty, respond to property within one hour and take appropriate action. Notify the PM immediately of any emergency actions taken, or situations that may need his assistance. Perform the following duties when the action has been taken to correct emergency conditions, such as sewer backups, water flooding, etc.
• During and after the condition is resolved, mop-up water, remove debris, and place and retrieve de-humidifiers and fans as needed.
• Restore the affected area to the same condition that existed before the incident.
• Check and replace any defective or burned-out light bulbs or security lights. Light inspections are to be done every other week. Inspections should include garage lights, garage ramp lights, exterior building lights, exit lights, and hallway lights. Notify the PM of electrical problems not resolved by replacing bulbs.
• Ensure that operating and work areas including the workshop are maintained in a clean and organized condition. Take actions to prevent debris and stains, and clean up the area when finished. Replace and return tools and equipment to their proper storage location.
• Follow safety rules and procedures at all times.
• Deliver and post notices to bulletin boards throughout the community.
• Notify the PM of any major deficiencies within the building, giving specific conditions or situations, exact locations, and recommendations for necessary action.
• Report all building damage, vandalism, unusual circumstances, conditions, and other related incidents to the PM. Pick up and discard any trash observed lying around the property.
• Be familiar with the Association’s emergency preparedness plan and the duties required of the engineering staff.
• Provide maintenance services ethically, honestly, and without favoritism.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 3+ Years’ experience performing maintenance with onsite properties
• Basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, drywall, and painting skills.
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve maintenance problems.
• Ability to follow instructions.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to read/speak the English language.
• Strong initiative skills necessary with willingness to learn and continually improve skills.
• Ability to work tactfully, cooperatively and respectively with co-workers and residents.
• Basic knowledge of smart phones, emailing, texting, and photographing.
• Ability to work safely by following all safety precautions of duties including working with hazardous materials and power tools.
• Ability to delegate work duties to employees and follow through on completion of all jobs.
• Ability to teach, coach and motivate employees.
• Basic computer knowledge (spreadsheets, e mail, calendar)
Cardinal Management Group Incorporated
2100 Lee HighwayArlington, VA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cardinal Management Group Incorporated
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?