- Posted: over a month ago
The Operations Coordinator plans, directs, and controls vehicle scheduling, allocation. The Operations Coordinator is also in charge of dispatching and communication functions to effect economical utilization of vehicle facilities. Will communicate with truck drivers through computers, or phones and will assign drivers to routes.
- First point of contact for all drivers and customer calls including but not limited to back-haul information, routing, customer hours-address-phone numbers, delivery times, driver locations, and any other concerns of drivers or customer personnel.
- Sets schedules, routes, and assigns drivers and vehicles.
- Recruits and monitors progression of new drivers.
- Check in drivers as they arrive from their runs ensuring that all paperwork is completed and correct. Determine available starting times for their next dispatch.
- Completes data entry to update trip data in TMW system.
- Ensure safety and regulatory compliance by advocating all company best practices developed attain all related goals.
- Identify and prepare a list of available drivers for the next schedule of deliveries bearing in mind available hours, DOT regulations/compliance and customer needs.
- Reinforce company policies, procedures, and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to three years related experience.
- Experience in dedicated fleet, LTL or TL dispatch.
- Basic computer skills to include: Excel, Word, Outlook, and data entry.
- Ability to multi-task while interacting with others in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must be organized and able to understand transportation rules and regulations.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Should be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Cardinal Logistics