The Equipment Service Manager will manage the maintenance of fleet of company owned tractors and trailers in an assigned shop, including equipment condition, safety, reliability and cost control. They will also ensure a safe work environment while maintaining a high level of service for the customer.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensures all vehicles meet Federal, State, and company requirements and guidelines, and compliance with all Federal, State, and company policies and procedures.
- Oversees shop operations, repairs, wash bay, and out-sourced maintenance.
- Works within set budget, managing and controlling shop maintenance.
- Supports and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains a clean and safe work environment for all shop employees.
- Manages and supports facility employees and contractors; scheduling work, holding safety meetings and monitoring overtime.
- Reviews and monitors work, repair and purchase orders, invoices, reports, and warranty claims for assigned shop.
- Maintains contractor and supplier relationships.
- Inspects equipment for damage, reviews and closes out work orders, leads, all accidents and wreck recovery repairs for assigned shop. Performs safety checks as needed.
- Manages and controls parts inventory.
- Completes a bi-annual review for every direct report.
- Hires, trains, supervises, regularly evaluates performance and counsels assigned staff. Ensures proper orientation of staff into organization.
- May order and track fuel mileage.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Good spreadsheet, word processing, and other applications skills. Good verbal and written communication, reading, organizational, leadership, interpersonal and team building skills, and reasoning, problem solving and analytical ability. Advance ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to effectively communicate technical information to all types of users, both verbally and in writing. Working knowledge of truck and trailer repair, fleet equipment, mechanical and refrigeration fields, and maintenance management. Basic knowledge of maintenance, DOT, EPA, and OSHA regulations.
- Minimum of ten years related experience and two years experience in a supervisory role.
Why Work Here?Cardinal Logistics Management operates one of the largest, most diverse dedicated fleets in the U.S. Our logistics experts work directly with our clients to optimize their supply chains by developing and implementing customized transportation solutions that best fit their needs. http://www.cardlog.com/about-cardinal/
Connected Team! Benefits! 401K Options! Team Atmosphere!