Diesel Technician Mechanic- Class A Mechanic
Cardinal Logistics Southaven, MS
- Expired: 26 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$500 incentive after working for thirty days!
- Repair and maintain machinery and equipment in accordance with DOT and company regulations.
- Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Examines parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Will confer with drivers and other operators of equipment to help determine root-cause of malfunction.
- Will observe, test, and evaluate operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction and will disassemble equipment to replace or adjust parts and make repairs.
- Will weld to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts and assemble new equipment.
- Repair and replace electrical wiring and components of machinery and enter codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery.
- Requisitions parts and materials.
- Be on call as needed to support the operation in the event of a loaded tractor, truck, or trailer failure.
- Overhauls gas or diesel engines.
- Other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum of three years of documented experience repairing Class 8 equipment.
· Two years of DOT preventive maintenance inspections and two years minimum of brake inspections on trucks.
· CDL Driver’s license preferred.
· Must be proficient in troubleshooting and repairing the following systems: electrical, air conditioning, heating, steering and suspension.
· Must be able to perform front end alignments, replace transmissions, clutches, differentials, brakes, suspensions, parts and other components as instructed.
· Ability to read a limited number of two to three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers.
· Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
· Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and use division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist.
Cardinal LogisticsWhy Work Here?
We believe that our business is about people not trucks. Our employees are our strength and are vital to delivering value to our customers
Cardinal Logistics Management operates one of the largest, most diverse dedicated fleets in the U.S. Our logistics experts work directly with our clients to optimize their supply chains by developing and implementing customized transportation solutions that best fit their needs. http://www.cardlog.com/about-cardinal/