Customer Service Representative / Data Entry Clerk
- Posted: over a month ago
Great opportunity to get into this growing organization!
Cardinal Logistics operates one of the largest, most diverse dedicated fleets in the US. Our logistics experts work with clients to improve transportation network visibility, increase fleet utilization, drive efficiency, and reduce cost by developing and implementing customized transportation solutions that best fit their needs.
Cardinal’s mission is to remain the most trusted logistics and transportation solutions leader in the industry. To that end, Cardinal provides customers with knowledge-based, integrated logistics solutions using a combination of dedicated resources, advanced systems technology and experienced professionals. Cardinal fully understands and listens to the needs of each customer, develops an expedient, functional solution and implements the plan with flawless execution.
The Customer Service Representative will provide administrative and customer service support to our clients, internal employees and outside vendors. The Customer Service Representative coordinate’s the movement of freight via all modes of transportation.
- Will be required to perform data entry tasks
- Will maintain accurate information and data to be used by clients, other employees and vendors
- Receive orders from client and other Cardinal departments
- Assist others in coordinating movement of goods from shipper to destination within parameters required by customer
- Confirming carriers are legally permitted to transport freight, commodity, weight and dimensions
- Notifying customer if shipment requirements are not able to be met, if there is an issue with any portion of the shipment affecting pick up or delivery or any other incidents in transit negatively impacting the performance requirements of shipment
- Work with other staff members to make decisions based on best course of action and circumstances on a shipment by shipment basis while maintaining service standards, profitability and fairness to customers and vendors
- Providing customers and vendors with actual pertinent shipment details, i.e. location of the drivers, expected ETAs, and relaying information in a clear, concise and accurate manner at all times
- Maintaining a consistent sense of urgency to ensure freight is moved promptly and accurately
- As a Cardinal Logistics Representative, you will be expected to create a pleasant atmosphere for employees, customers, carriers and other vendors to ensure that Cardinal Logistics is an easy and pleasurable company to do business with
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a customer service related role
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as being able to adapt to other internal operating systems
- Must be comfortable handling heavy volume of inbound and outbound calls, emails and faxes
- Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and efficiently via phone, fax and email
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills – verbal and written
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Cardinal Logistics