Established, Menomonee Falls based company, Cardinal Components Inc., in business since 1983, is seeking an energetic individual to join our team, specifically our shipping and receiving team. Typical hours are Monday through Friday, 1st shift, 40 hours.
Reporting to the Distribution Manager, you will help coordinate and perform the daily activities in shipping and receiving for custom metal products and cataloged fasteners. This is a "hands-on" position for the independently motived individual: inspect incoming product, move inventory into stock, pull inventory from stock, properly process outgoing product, ensure inventory is correct in our computer system software. On-the-job training will be provided.
· Receiving - verify the quantity and condition of materials received; label material received and complete receiving documents
· Shipping - prepare outbound product; assure product is properly packaged to prevent damage in transit; complete all shipping documents to assure correct freight and charges are applied; process UPS and assist with customer pick-ups
· Quality – inspect incoming product using a number of different tools such as; caliper, rules, weight scales, blue print drawings, etc. (On-the-job training will be provided, a great opportunity to pick up desirable inspection skills!)
· ERP System – use Cardinal’s computer-based enterprise resource system to receive inventory, ship inventory and move inventory between internal storage rack locations
· Inventory - responsible for inventory accuracy; proper storage and handling
· Ensure a clean and safe working environment. Identify and follow through on training requirements.
· Follow ISO 9001 quality procedures.
· Other job duties include picking and selecting products; palletizing and packaging products; loading trailers; driving a forklift; lifting material/boxes by hand and company compliance regarding safety training.
· 1-2 years minimum experience working in a shipping/receiving or quality inspection function
· The ability to establish priorities and multi-task
· Comfortable using a computer-based ERP system to manage inventory
· Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Proficiency in measuring devices preferred, but can be trained
· Forklift/pallet jack experience or certification
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· A team player with a positive can-do attitude!
If you are a reliable, highly motivated, self-starter with a strong work ethic, and are looking to join a winning team, we have an amazing home for you. We believe hard work, honesty and results deserve the best rewards, so Cardinal maintains an excellent workplace environment and backs it up with a strong compensation package that includes a competitive suite of benefits.