Cardinal Building Materials has a current opening for an Outside Sales person. Cardinal is a family-owned business founded 1956. We take pride in taking care of our internal and external customers, and we consider ourselves very lucky that we have such an exceptional team. We hope that you consider becoming part of our family.
The job duties include maintaining and growing the current client business and creating new opportunities for our product lines by establishing new relationships with remodelers, builders, sub-contractors and architects. Our strength as a company is in developing and maintaining relationships, and the Outside Sales person is a vital contributor.
We are seeking individuals with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a desire to learn and grow. The position requires the ability to handle pressure and to multi-task effectively.
We thank you for considering a career with Cardinal Building Materials and hope to meet you soon.
- Presenting product pitches to new potential clients (no prior product knowledge required)
- Cold calling customers
- Being the “eyes and the ears” of the company with existing customer base; keeping regular contact with customers and ensuring we regularly exceed their expectations
- Analyzing sales activity and taking action where changes in customer activity exists
- Assisting customers at a transactional level (answering questions about products/product availability, orders/delivery information, etc)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- High levels of diplomacy, confidence and persuasion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
- High energy level and ability to maintain a positive attitude
- High ethical standards
- Ability to achieve success in high-pressure situations
- Strong presentation development and presenting skills
- Self-starter and independent thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and must possess basic computer skills
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) with an employer match