- Posted: over a month ago
Card Kingdom has served Magic: The Gathering players across the world for over 20 years. We are a trusted source for buying and selling Magic: The Gathering singles, packs, and booster boxes from throughout the game's history. Our love of the community and game shines through everything we do. We are a customer-centric, data-driven, innovative workplace. We value our team and recognize that every role in our organization is behind delivering our renowned customer experience.
In addition to our eCommerce business, Card Kingdom owns and operates the award-winning game store and restaurant, Mox Boarding House. With unique locations in Seattle, Bellevue, Portland, and coming soon to Arizona, we deliver an elevated experience to local gaming communities.
Our Mission: We use tabletop gaming as a campfire – a place to gather, share and celebrate –for the sake of cultivating deeper relationships with our customers, amongst ourselves, with our communities, and the world.
Our Benefits: Excellent benefits, generous PTO, and flexible scheduling, remote work opportunities, paid parental leave, safe harbor 401k match, paid holidays and employee discounts. We are a family friendly culture that supports work life balance.
The cook is responsible for the daily preparation and execution of all food items, as well as maintaining proper sanitation practices, cleanliness, and the rotation of food items. We value scratch cooking and providing an exceptional customer experience. Our customers receiving what they ordered, based on our standards, and in a timely fashion is key to their overall experience and impacts the success of restaurant operations. Additionally, this role should expect to facilitate hundreds of covers throughout each shift while maintaining a professional behavior in a high-pressure environment.
- Sets up station according to guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a quality, sanitary and timely manner.
- Required to learn our style of food preparation, follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications.
- Ensures proper food safety and sanitation that results in a safe work environment and customer safety.
- Most preparation includes but is not limited to cutting, sautéing, broiling and cooking various items such as meats, fish, poultry, vegetables, salads, desserts and other ingredients.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift while utilizing the First in First out (FIFO) methodology.
- Cleans and maintains kitchen and prep kitchen in practicing good safety, sanitation, and organizational skills.
- Holds understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in the kitchen.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as required.
- High School diploma or GED
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- At least 1 year of previous prep or line cook experience
- Must have valid Food Handlers Permit
- Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking directions
- Ability to read, write, and understand English
- Must be able to deal with multiple personalities in a high stress environment
- Professional communication and interaction skills are required
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to effectively work in both in a team environment and independently
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized
- Possess a strong commitment to quality service, and food/culinary knowledge
- Possess the ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Possess the ability to work with others to solve problems and create solutions
Location / Work Schedule
- Portland, OR
Job Type / Salary
- Full Time
- Non-exempt: From $20.55, and $21.27 after 90 days
- Paid Time Off: 3 weeks accrued per year, 4 Company Holidays
- Health Benefits: Zero cost premium options for Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement: 401(k) with 4% Safe Harbor match, no vesting period
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Savings Accounts
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Confinement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
Equal Opportunity Employment:
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class.
FoodView all jobs at Card Kingdom
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?