Sales and Business Development Manager - DOT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*Please note: This role can be fully remote
Hi, were Carbyne. Were on a mission to help emergency call centers save lives every day. As the leader in emergency collaboration technologies, were building a platform that brings game-changing capabilities to people in crisis, such as live video, instant chat, and location tracking. Our platform unifies the flow of life-saving information to emergency call centers, so they can handle emergencies faster than ever, and get to the right people, in the right place, at the right time. We currently provide services to over 400 million people in over eight countries around the world, and partner with Google, Cisco, Amazon, and Microsoft to deliver life-saving technologies. Want to join our mission-driven team? Read on.
About the role
Were on the search for an ambitious and energetic Sales & Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele in a new Department of Transportation (DOT) vertical. You will be the face of the company, as you work to create and apply an effective sales strategy. In this role, you will drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
Heres what youll be working on:
- Conduct market research on new target audience and business vertical
- Pitch new clients and conduct product demonstrations
- Contact potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings
- Pursue current marketing leads to establish new business
- Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones
- Find and develop new markets and improve sales
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Develop quotes and proposals for clients
- Develop goals for the development team and business growth and ensure they are met
- Train personnel and help team members develop their skills
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing or related field
- Experience in customer-facing sales to the DOT space
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the G-Suite
What else were looking for:
Were a mission-driven team with a strong set of values. We take them pretty seriously here at Carbyne, and want to make sure that anyone who joins our team takes them seriously, too. If you grabbed coffee with any of our team members, you would see that we:
Innovate. We think differently, and dont lean on standard conventions.
Strive to be better. Were always looking to improve. We define goals and measure ourselves against them regularly.
Take ownership. We own our actions, complete our missions, and hold ourselves accountable for both. We care deeply about the success of Carbyne, our customers, our partners, and each other.
Are customer-first. We focus on making sure our customers are successful, and we build trust and practice full transparency at all times.
- Comprehensive health insurance
- 401k, matching up to 4% of your salary
- 12 weeks of full payment for maternity leave
- Unlimited vacation days
- Competitive options plan
- Reimbursement for internet and phone expenses
- One-time budget for purchasing home office settings
- Reimbursement for commuter expenses (if you work in the office)
- Unlimited Udemy courses
- Meal plan ($13/day)
Carbyne believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination due to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We also strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.
Note: Were unable to sponsor employment visas at this time.
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Carbyne