We are in the midst of the biggest public health crisis of our lives where every aspect of the way we live is affected. Carbon Health has been at the forefront of the Covid-19 response, launching the Coronavirus Self Assessment Test in late February, followed by video telehealth assessments with medical staff, to an in person or at-home test for Covid-19, and now providing an end to end vaccine solution, Carbon Vaccinate. We have partnered with local and state organizations in order to bring vaccines directly to communities, effectively minimizing barriers that often prevent folks from accessing healthcare.
We are searching for an experienced Pharmacy Technician who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, paperless environment. Tasks include explaining the procedure, preparing and administering Covid-19 vaccinations, providing follow-up care instructions, monitoring patients post-vaccination, and other tasks within the individual’s scope of practice.
We need your help to address Covid-19! Join our amazing, caring team that supports many communities that have limited access to healthcare. You can make a difference!
What You'll Do
- Obtain consent and collect data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation
- Administer the vaccine
- Provide post-immunization monitoring and education to ensure the health and safety of each individual
- Delegate elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles
- Collaborate with other field partners (government agencies, NGOs, nursing/pharmacy schools, and other healthcare groups)
- Ensure sanitary environment by overseeing implementation of infection control best practices
- Contribute to quality nursing, medical assisting and paramedic practice
- Evaluate one's own and others medical practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible
- Practice in an ethical, environmentally safe, and healthy manner
- Current California Pharmacy Technician license in good standing
- Current Basic Life Support certification and Current CPR certification preferred but not required
- A minimum of 6 months clinical experience performing relatable medical care, including volunteering, clinicals or internships. Compensation based on experience.
- Proficient with injections and comfortable with all age ranges
- Reliable team player, who over communicates and takes extreme ownership in her/his work. You will be trusted to work with minimal supervision and we are counting on you to deliver thoughtful, compassionate patient care
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed; flexibility with availability
- Ability to drive up to different locations (parking and mileage reimbursed when you are traveling over 26 miles from your home site), and always punctual. Punctual - to be early is to be on time and to be ontime is to be late
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Full-time and part-time employees who work 20+ hours a week: Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), Flexible Spending Account Medical, Flexible Spending Account Dependent Care and other great benefits
- Per Diem employees: 401K with matching contribution and Pre-Tax benefits including Commuter (transit and parking)
Why Work Here?Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, we deliver a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent, and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York, and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
Growing technology healthcare company reimagining the healthcare experience through patient-centered care.