Project Controls Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Project Controls Specialist
Who we are:
We’re a passionate, hard-working, and quick-moving group of people that are driven by the mission to save the planet. We believe we can make a difference in the battle against climate change by leading the carbon capture and sequestration industry and we are building a like-minded team to help do just that.
Carbon America is the first vertically integrated company in the industry – a one-stop-shop of engineers, project managers, developers, and financiers focused on capturing more CO2 in shorter amounts of time and at lower costs.
As a start-up, there are a few key attributes that all Carbon America employees possess. We are creative problem-solvers, we wear many hats, we are agile, and we work as a championship team. It is important that every hire connects to our vision, mission, and values as a company. Join the leader in the CCS space in making climate change history™!
The Project Controls Specialist will support the Project Execution team in ensuring efficient and effective processes and execution of our CCS projects. You will interact with multiple departments in the company to ensure proper updates to budgets, scope, and timelines are done in a timely manner. This is an internally highly visible position because of the interface with many departments and individuals, thus strong communication skills, including active listening, are required for success in this role. You will be joining a hyper-growth company so there are immense opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
This is a staff position that will report to the Project Controls Manager
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 5+ years of scheduling experience in the oil and gas, power, cement, or construction industries. Field experience is preferred but not required. Work will primarily be in an office environment.
- Experience in project scheduling
- Knowledge of the principles of project controls including scheduling, cost control, earned value management, and document control
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project and familiarity with Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Teams, Excel, and Word
- Ability to communicate and work within a multidisciplined, multi-department project teams
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Detail oriented
- Good problem-solving abilities and ability to multi-task
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently, and in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and take on different roles and responsibilities as required
- Perform scheduling and cost management activities in support of active programs and projects.
- Develop schedules for developing projects
- Understanding of industrial multidiscipline engineering projects and construction execution.
- Assess and provide regular updates to teams on project schedule and cost performance.
- Develop and maintain program and project schedules.
- Assist Project Management team in preparing and maintaining project budgets.
- Assist Project Management team in preparing project status reports.
- Track scope changes, trends, forecasts with regard to schedule and budgets.
- Record and distribute project meeting minutes as needed.
- Track and distribute project documents.
- Support construction execution project schedules as needed.
General Requirements and Job Details:
- Must be able to work at a computer for at least eight hours per day
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- This position is based out of our Lakewood, Colorado offices
- This Exempt position has a standard schedule of Monday through Friday and is Full-Time.
- This is a salaried position so there may be times when a non-standard schedule is required.
- The salary range is $75,000 to $110,000 commensurate with experience
At Carbon America we believe that when you put the common good over personal gain you make the world a better place. We work together in alignment with our company’s values to find solutions to climate change.
Carbon Capture America Inc
Get fresh Senior Project Controls Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.