Come join our team at Caravan Facilities Management!
At Caravan Facilities Management we foster and support growth, teamwork, and good work-life balance among all staff.
We have opportunities for professional advancement where personal development is encouraged!
Caravan Facilities Management offers full-time staff:
After 90 days - FREE Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Vision
Paid time off
14 Paid Holidays
401K and Employer matching
LARGE stable company
Promote from within!
Integrated management system
Training and Development
Job Title: Fleet Mechanic/Fork Truck
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Fleet Manager and/or Technical/Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: This position is responsible for servicing and repairing industrial mobile equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Other duties may be assigned:
- Works with fork-trucks (electric, gas, LP, diesel), man lifts, cranes, stationary generators, and more
- CMMS data input (computerized maintenance management systems)
- Performs diagnostic, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Maintaining up time requirements
- Part ordering
- Shop Safety
- Shop cleanliness, organization
- Company quality standards
- Must provide own tools
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Listening Skills - Ability to listen carefully and thoroughly to both, CFM management and the customer to understand what their needs are.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Adaptability - Must be able to switch tasks at any time for business success and changing environments.
- Communication - Great communicator no matter face to face, telephone, email, written or verbal, and body language. Writes clearly and informatively.
- Teamwork - Knowing how to manage people in order to achieve a set goal is important; good communication between all team members.
- Multitasking - Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Time Management Skills - Having great time management skills is essential to meet all the needs and priorities of the job. Speed, patience and reliability.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Integrity- Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows company policies and procedures.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
- Professionalism - Ability to hold professional standards at all times.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Educational background from technical school or general college; extensive verifiable fork lift maintenance experience required. Must have a current and valid Driver's License.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other Qualification: Must understand working in a union environment and the requirements surrounding that.
Caravan Facilities ManagementBedford, IN
AutomotiveView All Caravan Facilities Management Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.