Warehouse Operations Manager
CarParts.com Chesapeake, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
What We Do
As a tech-forward company, CarParts.com is transforming the way drivers shop for auto parts to benefit today’s digital consumer. Leveraging our company-owned national distribution network, we bring the very best brands and manufacturers directly to consumer hands, cutting out unnecessary costs to provide quality parts at a discount. Through our simple, convenient, and mobile-intuitive website, CarParts.com enables consumers to connect with the parts they need to keep their vehicles on the road.
At the heart of everything we do is a collective drive to serve, succeed, and grow. To achieve this, we’ve focused on building a community that works together, inspires each other, and thrives in an environment where employees are empowered and valued. All the hard work of our entire team has resulted in back-to-back record-breaking quarters for Q1 and Q2 of 2020, as well as our inclusion in the Russell 2000® Index and the LABJ’s top 100 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles list for 2020. Join us!
Summary of Role/Position
The Operations Manager manages a distribution center team and develop warehouse initiatives while creating overall best-in-practice warehouse efficiencies. The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the daily activities of a distribution center; developing, implementing, and leading successful operations; planning, organizing and monitoring the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received; ensuing a smooth and consistent operation so product is located, picked, packed and distributed in an effective and efficient manner to satisfy customer requirements.
- Manages policy, procedure and operational aspects of the distribution center.
- Strategic planning and execution of warehouse operations to profitability, productivity and efficiency.
- Develop and direct the Distribution Center management team to ensure fast order processing, accurate inventory, proper and timely stocking of product, cost-efficient shipping to customers and effective processing of product.
- Manage and implement improved processes and management methods to generate a higher ROI and workflow optimization.
- Continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures to provide any suggestions to leadership for consideration.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment levels to ensure tasks can be accomplished and in a safe and effective manner. Researches material handling equipment to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability and cost.
- Ensures timely and cost-efficient delivery of inventory and finished goods.
- Utilizes systems to monitor and track inventory through the distribution chain and identify and resolve issues.
- Manages inventory control, inbound and outbound, warehouse operations and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the facility and develops budgets, policies, procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Anticipates and requests funding for future needs.
- Obtains a deep knowledge of all functional areas of the distribution center and a solid knowledge of supply chain/logistics overall.
- Create, implement and monitor compliance with warehouse policies, practices and procedures to drive efficiency
- Develop, implement and maintain key metrics for the warehouse.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
You Must Have
- Minimum 5-8 years of management experience within a warehouse environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business operations or logistics preferred Broad knowledge of distribution operations. Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
- Functional reading, writing and math.
- PC literacy.
- Written and verbal communication/instruction skills
- Intermediate interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Self-motivation and a determination to succeed.
- Innovative ideas followed by clear planning and implementation
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work overtime as required.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work with a team.
- The ability to lift products of up to 50 lbs.
- A flexible attitude.
Occasionally: activity exists up to 1/3 of the time (8 hour shift = less than 3 hours total time);
Frequently: activity exists from 1/3 of the time up to 2/3 of the time (8 hour shift = 3-5 hours total time);
Constantly: activity exists 2/3 or more of the time (8 hour shift = 5-8 hours total time).
At CarParts.com we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability, or race.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the incumbent a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at CarParts.com