Senior Manager of IT DevOps
CarLotz Richmond, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Manager of IT DevOps Job Description
CarLotz is a used vehicle consignment and Retail Remarketing™ business that provides our corporate vehicle sourcing partners and retail sellers of used vehicles with access to the previously inaccessible retail sales channel. While simultaneously providing buyers with prices that are, on average, below those of traditional dealerships. We operate a technology-enabled buying, sourcing, and selling model that offers a seamless omni-channel experience and comprehensive selection of vehicles, while allowing for a fully contactless end-to-end e-commerce interface that enables no hassle buying and selling. Our proprietary Retail Remarketing™ technology provides our corporate vehicle sourcing partners with real-time performance metrics and data analytics along with custom business intelligence reporting that enables price and vehicle triage optimization between the wholesale and retail channel. Through our marketplace model, we generate significant value for both sellers and buyers through price, selection, and experience.
As the Senior Manager of the CarLotz IT DevOps engineering team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a wide variety of highly automated systems that enable our cloud based serverless platform. This platform is driven end to end by a strong level of automation through DevOps pipelines, infrastructure as code and a strong quality engineering driven gating process. We are looking for a DevOps engineer who follows modern software development methodologies. You will take on the ownership of our existing automation as well as the creation and deployment of any new infrastructure. While also ensuring any requisite test cases are built and enforced to validate changes before they get deployed to target environments. You have worked with Terraform, Azure ARM, CloudFormation or Azure Blueprints for your deployments. You are familiar with Microsoft Azure services (Azure DevOps, App Services, Functions, Azure SQL) as well as serverless methodologies. You can manage infrastructure automation using various scripting technologies and ensure your tools and changes are properly documented.
The Senior Manager of IT DevOps will build a highly enthusiastic team of engineers building and operating our technology. You should have strong experience on Azure to help us efficiently:
· Select and organize our infrastructure (difference between the tiers of app service and the impact on the application).
· Monitor our application and ensure that our product can scale rapidly.
· Document, build and promote Infrastructure as code practices across the team.
· Support security, networking, and platform peers in detailed infrastructure and application requirements.
· Work on complex, large-scale projects to get new applications onto the CarLotz infrastructure.
· Participate in weekly stand ups and review/analyze weekly status reports for actionable items.
· Work with engineering and PM teams to develop automation strategy of product deployment and enhancements for the success of our guests.
· Work with engineering to ensure infrastructure can handle new or changing requirements and features.
· Build continuous improvements in application and infrastructure deployments.
· Manage release pipeline of our offerings hosted on Microsoft Azure to support maximum up-time and non-stop promotion process.
· Improve execution by isolating and addressing problems ranging from infrastructure optimization to product implementation and delivery.
· Develop security governance framework to harden CSPs account security.
· Extend our monitoring architecture, dashboards, escalations, and alerts.
· Work with IT Operations on PagerDuty for monitored issues and triage response.
· Work with IT Operations to provide knowledge transfer to support reps as needed when new tools and technologies are introduced.
· Using innovative technologies and best practices to improve tools and performance across application and infrastructure deployment.
· The tasks will be to enable, plan, and implement IaaS, PaaS, Monitoring, and Security solution Azure. The consultant should also be capable of encoding the deployment and security of these resources with supporting Terraform solutions. These are plan, design, deploy solutions where the consultant will be owning the recommendations and implementation of their solutions.
· Improve reliability of CI/CD pipeline by regularly triaging and fixing infrastructure failures
· BA/BS in business, computer science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
· Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality
· Problem-solving aptitude and desire to automate
· Experience with planning and building a team
· Experience with automated testing of published binaries in Azure DevOps
· At least 3 years of Azure Cloud administration
· At least 2 Years Terraform or similar cloud automation tools
· Strong familiarity with Azure DevOps and pipelines (yml)
· Familiarity with deployment automation using tools like Terraform
· Experience with monitoring and response tools like Azure Monitor and PagerDuty
· Experience with managing and deploying serverless resources
· The ability to lift up to 10 pounds
· Background and drug screen required
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WE EXIST
“What if there was a better way to buy and sell vehicles?” This question started the problem-solving sessions that now have CarLotz disrupting the automotive industry. With our innovative consignment model, sellers get thousands more than trade in and buyers get great cars for less than traditional retail prices.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed at CarLotz, please apply. CarLotz is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CarLotz participates in E-verify. This position in exempt.
Our innovative approach helps sellers get what their car is worth without the hassle of selling it themselves, and our buyers pay 10-20% below traditional dealership prices.
CarLotzWhy Work Here?
We're changing the way people buy and sell cars!
CarLotz was founded because we were frustrated with the process of selling a used car. Our innovative approach helps sellers get what their car is worth without the hassle of selling it themselves, and our buyers pay 10-20% below traditional dealership prices. www.carlotz.com
611 Bainbridge StreetRichmond, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at CarLotz