Senior Dot Net Developer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
What We Do
“What if there was a better way to buy and sell vehicles?” This question started the problem-solving sessions that now have CarLotz disrupting the automotive industry. With our innovative consignment model, sellers get thousands more than a trade-in, and buyers get great cars for less than traditional retail prices.
At the heart of everything we do is a collective drive to serve, succeed, and grow. To achieve this, we have focused on building a community that works together, inspires each other, and thrives in an environment where employees are empowered and valued.
CarLotz is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CarLotz participates in E-verify. This position is exempt.
We are a technology forward organization; our full stack of technology is cloud native and serverless. Our frontend applications are built using TypeScript and React, while our backend is built in C#. We closely follow next generation DevOps and Quality Engineering best practices for automation, to ensure consistency in all deployments.
When you join us, you will be working in an environment that is continually ahead of the technology curve. We love working with enthusiastic technologists that enjoy pushing what is possible. CarLotz is continually expanding our technology footprint.
As a Senior .Net Backend Developer working for the CarLotz Product Engineering team, you will focus on the following:
- Supporting API development and integration needs for our customer facing applications as well as our data and analytics processing.
- Solve complex problems with simple architectural solutions.
- Partner closely with engineering leadership, infrastructure, and the front-end developers to deliver features.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Participate in regular code reviews to ensure best practices are followed, and any tech debt is identified for future remediation.
- Stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn modern technologies participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering team.
- Demoing new tools, technology, or components you have built to the team.
- Identify technologies of interest for further learning and exploration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional software development and building backend services in C#
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality
- Problem-solving aptitude and desire to automate
- Experience designing scalable, performant front-end applications
- Experience with source control systems like Git and/or Azure DevOps
- Experience with automated testing tools such as xUnit
- Experience with serverless cloud resources on Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience working with a team to build and deliver software
- Experience with Scrum and/or Agile methodology
- Experience with React and Node JS
- Experience with branch strategies and DevOps pipelines
- Experience with serverless resources on Microsoft Azure such as Azure Functions
- App Services
- Azure Cognitive Services (NLP, Sentiment)
- Azure Data Factory
What you will do in the first 30 days:
· Familiarize yourself with the codebase
· Troubleshoot and fix bugs
· Deploy feature enhancements to production
Additionally, within the first 3 months you will:
· Familiarize yourself with all the systems
· Architect/build small features
· Contribute to architecture and building a larger feature
· Begin to enhance/improve performance
· Perform code reviews for other engineers/teams
By 6 months and beyond you will:
· Architect/build medium and large features
· Own parts of the back-end infrastructure and architecture
Our innovative approach helps sellers get what their car is worth without the hassle of selling it themselves, and our buyers pay 10-20% below traditional dealership prices.
CarLotzWhy Work Here?
We're changing the way people buy and sell cars!
CarLotz was founded because we were frustrated with the process of selling a used car. Our innovative approach helps sellers get what their car is worth without the hassle of selling it themselves, and our buyers pay 10-20% below traditional dealership prices. www.carlotz.com
TechnologyView all jobs at CarLotz