Senior DevOps Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
As a Senior IT DevOps Engineer on the CarLotz IT DevOps Engineering team, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and monitoring a wide variety of highly automated systems that enable our cloud based, serverless, platform. This platform is driven end to end by a strong level of automation through DevOps pipelines, infrastructure as code and a strong quality engineering driven gating process.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who follows modern software development methodologies. You will take on assistance with monitoring and maintaining our existing automation as well as the creation and deployment of any new infrastructure while also ensuring any requisite test cases are built and enforced to validate changes before they get deployed to target environments.
You have worked with Terraform, Azure ARM/BICEP, CloudFormation or Azure Blueprints for your deployments. You are familiar with Microsoft Azure services (Azure DevOps, App Services, Functions, SQL Azure) as well as serverless methodologies. You can manage infrastructure automation using various scripting technologies and ensure your tools and changes are properly documented.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Aid with infrastructure architecture decisions
- Set-up monitoring and alerting on infrastructure and applications
- Drive Infrastructure as Code best practices within the team
- Support security, engineering, and platform peers in detailed infrastructure and application requirements
- Assist with large-scale projects to get new applications onto the CarLotz infrastructure
- Participate in daily stand-ups with the team to triage issues, and prioritize tasks
- Work with engineering to ensure infrastructure can handle new or changing requirements and features
- Build continuous improvements in application and infrastructure deployments
- Support our release pipeline to support a lifecycle of continuous release
- Improve execution by isolating and addressing problems ranging from infrastructure optimization to product implementation and delivery
- Work with IT Operations on PagerDuty for monitored issues and triage response
- Work with IT Operations to provide knowledge transfer to support reps as needed when new tools and technologies are introduced
- Using innovative technologies and best practices to improve tools and performance across application and infrastructure deployment
- Help ensure reliability of CI/CD pipeline by bringing back learnings from failures and monitored events into our automation configuration
- BA/BS in business, computer science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Problem-solving aptitude and desire to automate
- 3+ years of Azure Cloud administration
- 2+ years Terraform or similar cloud automation tools
- Mentoring or leading team members
- Strong familiarity with Azure DevOps and pipelines (yml)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code using tools like Terraform
- Experience with monitoring and response tools like Application Insights and PagerDuty
- Experience with managing and deploying serverless resources
- Familiarity with security best practices for zero trust, identity management and S/PII
- Background screen required
Our innovative approach helps sellers get what their car is worth without the hassle of selling it themselves, and our buyers pay 10-20% below traditional dealership prices.
CarLotzWhy Work Here?
We're changing the way people buy and sell cars!
CarLotz was founded because we were frustrated with the process of selling a used car. Our innovative approach helps sellers get what their car is worth without the hassle of selling it themselves, and our buyers pay 10-20% below traditional dealership prices. www.carlotz.com
TechnologyView all jobs at CarLotz