Installer/Trainer Part Time
- $12 to $20 Hourly
Help make a difference!
CaptionCall is looking for a caring, customer service-oriented installer/trainer with a passion for helping people with hearing loss communicate with the world! This hands-on position is responsible for enriching lives by installing the CaptionCall phone for our customers and training them how to use it to communicate over the telephone with confidence. This individual must enjoy working with a variety of people in their homes. The schedule is flexible and it’s the perfect position for people who like to work independently. This is a part-time position with potential for career growth and advancement.
Come be a part of our mission and make a meaningful and positive impact with the industry leading provider of language services for the Deaf and heard-of-hearing.
- 401k 6% match with immediate vesting
- TeleDoc, Dental/Orthodontia, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Engaged Employee Resource Groups
- Outstanding Learning and Career Development Opportunities
Pay Range: Hourly + Piece Rate
The estimated hourly salary range for this position is $12.50-$19.50+ additional Piece rate. Actual pay may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience and location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and troubleshoot CaptionCall phones in customers’ homes
- Courteously train customers on how to use the phone and its features
- Promote the CaptionCall service
- Assist with lead generation activities as needed
- Guide other CaptionCall activities and make recommendations for expanding the breadth and reach of the business
- Ability to meet or exceed Install/Trainer expectations and maintain established goals set forth by department management
- Complete service calls as assigned
- Accurately maintain customer records
- Complete required reports and submit invoices and feedback on customer interactions
- Retrieve and clean phones of former customers
- Maintain adequate inventory of equipment and supplies in order to service customers
- Represent CaptionCall at various events as assigned
- Adhere to strict compliance policies set by the company
- This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive information relating to customers of CaptionCall. It is essential that applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the information in strictest confidence.
- Adapt to new responsibilities as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum: High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ability to effectively communicate in English through reading, writing, speaking, and listening
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to drive and travel via air as needed
- Ability to tailor to unique needs of individual customers
- Must be reliable, organized and punctual
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environments
- Experience working with senior citizens
- Basic computer knowledge and experience
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Daily driving is required. Must have a reliable, licensed and insured vehicle available at all times
- Possess and maintain a valid driver license
- Maintain a good driving record
- Able to sit/stand for a long period of time in an office environment
- Able to transport installation equipment into a customer’s home,
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and handle other computer components
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Our Mission…Harnessing the power of language, we connect diverse people and enrich the human experience.
Our Vision…To provide global language services that expand opportunities, nurture belonging, and empower the world to connect beyond words.
As one of the world’s leading language services providers, Sorenson combines patented technology with human-centric solutions. We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility for underrepresented people through communication solutions for all: call captioning and video relay services, over-video and in-person sign language and spoken language interpreting, translation, real-time captioning, and post-production language services.
Sorenson’s impact vision and plan extends to supporting employment opportunities for diverse employees, customers, and communities. As a minority-owned company, we are committed to expanding opportunities for underserved communities while promoting an inclusive workplace for our own employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CaptionCall and Sorenson Communications are an EOE, Disability/Age Employer.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
CaptionCall, LLCJoplin, MO
Get fresh Installer/Trainer Part Time jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.