SUMMARY: The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist ensures OSHA and EPA standards meet local, state, and federal requirements. Leads local safety committee, safety meetings and updates safety communications and postings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Implement safety policies ensure compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
• Conduct hazard assessments, safety inspections and compliance audits to measure compliance and effectiveness.
• Record keeping / onsite logs for OSHA and Lock-out and Tag-out procedures
• Gather and report data on site safety performance, compliance, and incidents.
• Conduct and direct the entire process of accident investigation/analysis.
• Analyze trends through root cause analysis to identify causation and risk factors to identify corrective or preventative action measures.
• Develop and deliver training programs and monitor them for effectiveness, including but not limited to required OSHA training, tracks training completion
• Workers compensation program including agency and insurance carrier reporting, partner with the insurance carrier to ensure proper medical treatment protocol, light duty assignments, and work re-engagement.
• Ensure record keeping is in compliance is collaboration with facility safety
• Serve as the liaison with local, state and federal safety agencies
• Stay current on safety related regulatory requirements (OSHA) and technical issues, and use relevant information to implement programs, achieve compliance and minimize risks.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing
• Support Safety Program Elements; deliver training; and provide day-to-day coaching, feedback, and functional direction to departments or employees on relevant Safety Programs. Assist in reviewing the status and evaluating the effectiveness of our Safety programs and driving results in areas of needed improvements.
• Participate in the review of new operations, processes, and procedures (as well as proposed changes to existing operations) at the proposal, design, and build phases to assure consideration of technical Safety issues/hazards, and to facilitate implementation of effective controls.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or a closely related field with related experience
• 3 years’ safety experience including at least two (2) years site EHS responsibility in a food/beverage or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
• ASP/CSP/CIH/CEP or qualifications to be certified is a plus
• Ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization
• Proven organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines in a fast-paced environment while presenting a professional demeanor
• Proficient with Microsoft office, including skills with Outlook, Word and Excel
• Ability to work in an office and plant environment with exposure to noise, equipment, and machinery
• Possess the knowledge and background to implement behavior-based safety programs; with the expertise and experience to modify and change employee safety behaviors to proactively resolve accidents, and proven track record in behavioral approaches to employee driven safety performance
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and hear.
Captek Softgel International, Inc.
Why Work Here?Captek Softgel International, Inc. (CSI) is a privately-owned, FDA registered and audited, GMP-certified, full service contract manufacturer of custom dietary supplement formulations. CSI features high efficiency encapsulation lines operating 24/7, capable of producing over 5 billion softgels annually. The facility encompasses approximately 85,000 square feet of production, analytical laboratory, pilot laboratory and warehousing space. Captek fully complies to FDA cGMP and has been independently certified by NSF International.
Great Benefits! Medical, Dental, Vision, Company sponsored Life Insurance, Paid Vacation(2wks), Paid Sick Time, Employee Referral Bonus