Chief Information Security Officer
Captain Technologies Inc. New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CISO, CAPTAIN TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Captain Technologies Inc. is seeking a full-time Chief Information Security Officer (“CISO”), responsible for establishing and maintaining information security risk management, strategic planning, day-to-day execution, communication and collaboration. The CISO will independently identify, assess and aggregate cyber, technology and resilience risks related to internal and external events through direction, training and influencing the behavior across the Captain organization. The CISO will lead Captain’s IT security team from day 1, building out and managing a team of IT security professionals. The CISO will also interact and work with our founders, product team and engineering team to create the best practices in protecting our clients and company data.
The CISO is also responsible for positioning and enabling Captain to manage and mitigate risks related to cybersecurity, data, information, privacy, outsourcing and information technology compliance. The CISO will also direct the adoption and implementation of information security policies, technology, mitigation programs and related procedures to comply with applicable regulatory standards.
At Captain we are building software and digital infrastructure for alternative investment managers and investors that automate key functions across the fund lifecycle – all supported by innovative legal, compliance and fund administration services. We will harness the untapped power of data to streamline and accelerate fund processes.
We believe the current segmented ecosystem for fund services is broken. Our mission is to bring the alternative investment industry into the digital age and beyond. Captain is creating software tools that will become our customers’ “secret weapon” – giving them a real competitive advantage, from investing to raising capital to managing the lifecycle of their funds.
Join us in building the future of the alternative investment industry.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a technology-related field and a minimum of 10 years of technical professional experience, spanning infrastructure, systems engineering and cybersecurity
- 5-10+ years of managing highly technical security, SOC, incident response teams, including staff recruitment and development, training and evaluation, supporting multiple sites and a high stakes client base (e.g., institutional asset managers)
- 5-10+ years working with common information security / cyber management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST and FAIR
- 5-10+ years implementing and maintaining SOC2, SOX and ITGC compliant systems
- Strong understanding of current security regulations and legislative developments (at the federal, state and international levels), including potential risks and outcomes that may impact the company’s security posture
- Familiarity with financial services, private markets + alternative investments (PE, VC, hedge funds, etc.) a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex security technology matters in an easy-to-understand manner across an organization
- CISSP and/or CISM certification
Preferably located in New York or Philadelphia, although we generally expect to work remotely in the near-term (and flexibly on a long-term basis).
Compensation will include salary, equity and benefits.
Captain Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Captain Technologies Inc.Why Work Here?
Join the A-Team working to build the future of the alternative investment industry.
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Captain Technologies Inc.