We are representing a multi-billion dollar automotive supplier that is actively seeking a Tooling Engineer for their growing tooling group. Our client is the industry leader in their respective product line and has a strong, diverse customer base within the automotive industry.
- The Tooling Engineer is responsible for and manages the tooling used for production and prototypes.
- Manage die and trim tooling build, design and spare parts to produce the highest Net Casting Rate.
- Design die cast dies: runner, cooling, vacuum systems, etc. to ensure best part quality and optimize yield.
- Design die seals for best vacuum performance and leak prevention.
- Calculate and design cooling system to ensure best part quality and optimal cycle time.
- Optimize tooling performance by utilizing coatings and materials to improve die life and reduce/eliminate soldering.
- Design features that facilitate quick die change.
- Maintain list of standard tooling components (cylinders, limit switches, prox switches, etc.)
- Collaborate with Tool Room Manager to develop and maintain Tooling PM System.
- Responsible for improving uptime and reducing maintenance costs of DC & Trim dies.
- Determine root-cause analysis and implement counter-measures.