This is an excellent senior level Transportation Engineer role in the greater Grand Rapids area with a local AE firm seeking to add to their team.
This opportunity offers an excellent leadership career path, with an exciting incentives package and great benefits!
- Lead civil engineering project start up (project number, budget, schedule, team meetings, etc.)
- Lead project teams, assign duties to other team members, and monitor overall project progress.
- Lead effective meetings and work with other team members to make their projects successful.
- Actively participate in setting project goals.
- Own civil engineering project scope, schedule, and budget, and mentor others in schedule and budget creation.
- Establish project delivery teams, coordinating in-house and consultant services.
- Create and edit contract for consultant services.
- Manage multiple projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain multiple project assignments and work with multiple project engineers.
- Assist with engineering service proposals including estimates of time required to complete a project.
- Develop reports and preliminary concepts and full design phase deliverables including drawings, specifications, cost estimates, quantity take-offs, technical reports, narratives, and permit applications.
- Assist in the preparation of calculations and analyses for stormwater management systems, sanitary sewer, water supply and distribution, roadways and traffic signal design.
- Perform engineering interpretation of specifications and drawings, recommending and documenting design modifications and coordinating with the design team.
- Prepare Construction Permitting documents.
- Perform field inspection services for conformance to plans and specifications and preparation of reports as a follow up.
- Use design software/technology, including Revit, AutoCAD 3D, HEC RAS, EPANET, MicroStation and other emerging technologies for presentation and production purposes.
- Prepare engineering proposals.
- Prepare project invoices.
- Maintain a close relationship with the client throughout the project.
- Actively lead new business development and participate in cross team marketing and selling.
- Follow up on leads and lead interviews.
- Take the lead early in proposals and contract negotiations to establish scope of work, schedule, and budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering; ABET accredited
- Professional Engineering License ; Multiple state licenses preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with a wide variety of project types.
- Strong knowledge of the civil engineering and documentation process.
- Strong experience independently designing storm and sanitary sewer, water supply, pump stations, wastewater treatment plans, access management plans, traffic calming programs, roadway and/or roundabout design
- Strong knowledge of the production of construction drawings and specifications.