Student Maintenance Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Community Maintenance Assistant
Reports To: Assistant Directors
Location: Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio
Compensation: $10.00 per hour
FLSA Status: Student Non-Exempt
Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM), with headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, is a group of student housing professionals focused exclusively on the management of housing communities owned by non-profits and/or highly affiliated with a university.
The Community Maintenance Assistant is responsible for assisting the Maintenance / Facilities Staff Members in completing tasks that ensure the community meets safety, appearance, and operational standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Painting Team Responsibilities include:
- Appropriately prepare surfaces for painting
- Perform dry wall repairs and painting
- Maintain a clean and organized job site
- Operates, cleans, and maintains all painting equipment, including brushes and rollers
- Power washes building exteriors as needed
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean
- Other duties as assigned
Cleaning Team Responsibilities include:
- Cleaning of residential facilities, including, but not limited, to vacuuming and wiping down surfaces
- Setting up or removing bedding materials for summer conference guests
- Relocation of furniture
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma.
- Current student at Bowling Green State University.
- Ability to lift 20-30lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Capstone on Campus Management LLC
AddressBowling Green, OH
Real EstateView all jobs at Capstone on Campus Management LLC