- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Bowie State University – The Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation, and repair. The Maintenance Supervisor and or Maintenance Technician are on-call for maintenance emergencies 24 hours a day / 7 days per week. Must respond within 30 minutes of the initial call.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete interior and exterior maintenance programs to ensure quality repairs.
- Responds to all resident maintenance requests within 24 business hours.
- Work to keep a detailed and organized inventory of all supplies.
- Foster good working relationships with colleagues and office staff.
- Assist in overseeing all work performed by various contractors for renovations/repairs and inspect upon completion to ensure quality workmanship.
- Assist in monthly inspections of HVAC units and change filters as required by the manufacturer of the system.
- Monitor sidewalks during snow season to help prevent ice build-up by removing snow/ice by various means.
- Perform general furniture repairs, painting during non-turn periods, general plumbing. some appliance repair and minor electrical repairs.
- Assist in turnover of units as required including drywall repairs, painting, etc.
- Serve as second in command of two custodial positions when Maintenance Supervisor is unavailable or if directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2-3 years of general maintenance experience
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our residents & customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The salary range is $37,000 - $40,000. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
Capstone on Campus Management LLC
Real EstateView all jobs at Capstone on Campus Management LLC