About Capstone Tutors;
With hundreds of satisfied customers across Ontario, Capstone is the premier destination for students needing help with their studies. Our mission is to provide accessible ESL, English and mathematics tutoring for everyone.
Our thoroughly vetted educators are connected to students through our unique matching process, which guarantees maximum student-tutor compatibility and ensures customer satisfaction.
Capstone’s long-term vision is to reshape the education system, improving its effectiveness in building practical skills that drive professional success.
This role is not for everyone. The successful candidate will work long hours when needed. This role is for long-term thinkers and entrepreneurial mindsets. Company equity is issued at the time of employment and there is significant room for salary raises.
As the first full-time employee at Capstone, you will be working directly with the Founders. You will be an invaluable part of the company and will be granted equity.
Beyond the following day-to-day tasks as Sales and Marketing Manager, you are expected to identify new methods of improving processes and to regularly take initiative. Common activities include:
* Sales -- Respond to inquiries from warm leads by email and/or phone, and close deals
* Match students with tutors who meet their specific needs and criteria
* Create advertisements for numerous digital marketing channels
* Ensure the continuous satisfaction of clients, attending to their needs whenever a question or concern arises throughout their educational journey
* Initiate and foster strategic partnerships with schools
* Brainstorming, testing and implementing new methods of driving more revenue for the business
Do not apply if you are:
* Someone who wants an easy 9-5 job devoid of responsibility to “pay the bills”.
* Someone who needs micromanagement and constant hand-holding to get things done. This position does not have any of that.
* Someone who doesn’t care about improving education and are satisfied with the status quo.
* Someone who doesn’t have the energy or enthusiasm required for entrepreneurship.
Apply if you are:
* Ambitious -- you were always the one who wanted to be the first in everything.
* Entrepreneurial and obsessed with success -- you want to make a positive impact on this world and make a lot of money doing it. You have the “producer” mentality.
* Self-motivated -- you work by yourself and are not afraid to act on your own. We will not be micromanaging you every step of the way -- you are confident and can make your own decisions. You will be treated as a co-founder.
* Creative and can bring new ideas to the table -- you can contribute to our discussions on strategy, marketing and growth. You will not succeed in this position if you will not engage or don’t have anything of value to contribute.
* Always wanted to work with passionate entrepreneurs who are driven and motivated.
* Passionate about education and frustrated with the status quo. Our vision is to redesign the education system -- you will be the core part of a team working towards making this vision a reality.
Additionally, you need to have:
* Impeccable verbal and written communication skills. Experience in sales is a strong plus -- you will be responsible for closing clients.
* Tech-savvy (learns how to use new software very quickly)
* Proven record of taking initiative and improving processes
* Strong willingness to learn and grow in an entrepreneurial position
* Flawlessly functioning laptop and phone and an amazing internet connection
Location of Position;
Remote, with occasional meetups in the GTA & KW Region
$40,000-$50,000 + Equity