About the Role
The Senior Marketing Placement Broker- Transportation feels like a throw back to a time 10-15 years ago when centralized marketing was a major component of every insurance agency’s technical in-house resources. How exciting is it to see retail brokers value the impact experienced commercial marketers can have on:
- Sales and revenue generation
- Client service and account retention
- Negotiations and relationship management
- Program development
- Vertical/niche driven expansion
Duties & Responsibilities
As an experienced truck insurance marketer, you:
- Spearhead new and renewal marketing plans for fleet transportation accounts
- Set timelines with sales and service staff to prepare submissions, anticipated negotiations and sales presentations
- Evaluate claims data, pricing trends and coverage enhancements to compose the best possible, most comprehensive insurance program for clients
- Find ways to creatively bring alternative funding, loss control and other company resources into the fold to enhance the client’s risk management plan
Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation insurance market
- Familiarity with pricing among major carriers in auto liability, cargo, physical damage and work comp
- Regional and national relationships with wholesale brokers and underwriters
- A sales mentality- you embrace the production process and love working alongside producers to win business
- You are collaborative and understand how to coordinate teams and resources to keep positive, profitable business on the books
- Your desire to win business energizes experienced producers but also helps less experienced sales and service staff increase their knowledge, skills and capabilities
- At this time location is flexible between the company’s Midwest and South Central offices- specifically Kansas City, Dallas and Houston. However, there could be more openness to a remote situation if relocation is not an option for you.
- Retail brokerage experience is the preferred background with an interest in also considering individuals with extensive marketing and production experience with a wholesaler/MGA.
Compensation & Perks
The working range is $100k-$150k in salary depending on experience.