About the Role
For the past 30 years this Chicago based Managing General Agency and Benefits Administrator has provided health insurance solutions to agencies, employers and individuals. In this immediate opening as Sales Rep- Group Employee Benefits:
- You promote products, services and technology.
- You build and foster broker and client relationships.
- You serve as a knowledge resource regarding group medical insurance, ben admin technology and related products/services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sales: Identify and develop relationships with new and existing retail agencies/insurance brokers. Create and execute sales plans including prospecting, setting up appointments and attending industry events to increase sales opportunities. Prepare sales reports.
- Consultation: Demonstration SaaS based technology capabilities. Advise clients on pertinent health insurance issues that affect pricing, availability and impact on their business. Inform clients on market changes and regulations. Participate in carrier training.
Skills & Experience
- Approximately 1-2 years of outside sales experience working with life and health insurance products
- Knowledge of group health and ancillary benefits insurance products
- State insurance license (or ability to obtain within the first 30-60 days of employment)
60-80% local travel required
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
- $40k target base salary with sales commissions; estimated first year total compensation target is $70k
- Comprehensive benefits and PTO package