About the Role
This Chicago benefits administrator serves employers and employees through a full portfolio of Consumer-Driven Accounts (CDAs). As Sales Rep- Benefits Administration, you promote CDAs and Compliance Services that are designed to add cost-effective value to any employee benefits package. The company has a comprehensive understanding of the health insurance and ben admin markets; they have a cutting-edge perspective on finding solutions for the rising cost of health care.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sales- Manage the daily sales activity to drive sales with Consumer-Driven Accounts & Compliance products and services including but not limited to:
- Health savings accounts (HSAs)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Health reimbursement account (HRAs)
- Commuter programs
- ERISA wrap document services
- Marketing- You’ll market to insurance brokers and direct-to-employers. Set appointments and on-site meetings. Follow up on request for information through mass marketing campaigns. Recommend products and become a vendor of choice. Connect and build relationship through professional organizations and social media.
Skills & Experience
- Approximately 1-2 years of insurance industry sales experience with knowledge of benefits administration, benefits compliance and general health care terminology
- This is a sales position that requires enthusiasm and passion for the sales process which includes cold calling, prospecting and closing new business.
- State insurance license (or ability to obtain within the first 30-60 days of employment)
60-80% local travel required. Expect 2 ½ days per week in the office planning and making sales calls. Expect the other 2 ½ days per week off-site on client appointments.
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
- $40k target base salary with sales commissions; estimated first year total compensation target is $70k
- Comprehensive benefits and PTO package