About the Role
Explore career opportunities within the insurance industry as Attorney- Technology and Business Processing Services for a leading provider of third party business processing services for life insurance companies and reinsurers. A newly created position, you work closely with senior management to accomplish strategic business initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise and counsel management, in conjunction with outside counsel and internal legal & compliance teams, on new and existing customer relationships specifically pertaining to contract agreements
- These agreements are complex with multi-year engagement terms with customers and involve multiple parties including software and service vendors
- Counsel management on compliance matters related to business activities and delivery of services
- Assist in maintaining corporate governance on a variety of matters, examples of which could include acquisitions legal & regulatory developments in possible connection to business services in the insurance industry
Skills & Experience
- To be considered candidates must have a JD and a tech oriented legal background. Business focused. In-house experience is not required; candidates can come from commercial/corporate legal environment.
- Active member in good standing of the state bar with the ability to become licensed in Kansas if not already.
- Desirable experience (but not required) providing legal counsel with respect to insurance, securities or other financial services law.
Success in this position is defined by relationship management. In this role you have the ability to influence client relationships (new and ongoing) as well as ‘internal clients’ meaning executives and other levels of management desiring expertise in legal and compliance issues.
Compensation & Perks
- $90k-$120k is the target range with eligibility for the company’s annual bonus program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Open to candidates interested in relocation with consideration for assistance involved in a move