SUMMARY OF POSITION: The General Manager is accountable for the management and operations of the restaurant, ensuring that team members are hospitality focused, people focused and are performing their job duties and meeting expectations in all areas of their job description. The General Manager reports to the District Manager for the area and supervises Assistant Managers, Shift Leaders, and Team Members. The General Manager operates the restaurant consistent with and supportive of the business plan set forth for their restaurant while displaying the Capstone Restaurant Group values: People, Hospitality and Integrity.
- Recruit and hire staff, as well as to maintain a bench for future growth.
- Ensure all marketing plans are executed, including proper installation of POP and menu board elements.
- Ensure restaurant is staffed properly and Team Members are properly trained to do their jobs through effective use of training programs.
- Provide leadership by creating excitement, enthusiasm, a positive mental attitude and commitment to company objectives.
- Ensure that correct inventory levels and all equipment is maintained in excellent condition through the use of approved vendors.
- Set an example by maintaining an excellent working knowledge and a high level of proficiency in the performance of all phases of restaurant operations and technology.
- Supervise in accordance with established performance and operating policies as set out in the operations standards manual.
- Work with and motivate Assistant Managers, Shift Leaders and Crew Members to perform up to their highest possible level of ability.
- Review preliminary P/L’s and forward all questions to your District Manager.
- Recognize and adhere to all HR, sanitation, safety and security policies and procedures to provide a safe and compliant environment for all.
- 3-5 years of management experience in a quick service dining concept.
- Financial/Analytical aptitude including planning, budgeting, scheduling, and P&L management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the restaurant.
- Ability to effectively make decisions under pressure, while.
- Ability to effectively make decisions under pressure, while delegating tasks appropriately.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- High sense of urgency.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR?
- Competitive Salary and aggressive bonus plan.
- Opportunity for advancement
- Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- Team Member discount programs, with financing options
- Team Member Meal Discounts
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
See a complete list at www.capstonerestaurants.com/careers
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications with the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in our diverse workforce. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, where hard work and success is rewarded, we want to talk to you!
To learn more about Capstone Restaurants, go to www.capstonerestaurants.com. To learn more about the Hardee's and Carl’s Jr. Franchise, go to www.hardees.com or www.carlsjr.com.