Investment Banking - Senior Associate/Vice President - Industrial Technology
- Expired: November 15, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Capstone' Partners' ("Capstone") Industrial Technology Group (ITG), which is located in both New York and Orange County, is an entrepreneurial, young and one of the leading sector groups in the firm. ITG advises companies that provide mission-critical, highly engineered, differentiated and intelligent hardware and software products and services to factories, warehouses & distribution centers, buildings, and critical infrastructure. Specific technologies of focus are Factory & Warehouse Automation Technologies, Robotics, Fluid Handling & Flow Control, Optics, Lasers and Photonics, Power Production & Management, Sensors & Instruments, and Water Technologies & Solutions among others. Our team has a strong track-record of providing unbiased, creative advice that consistently leads to exceptional results and high transaction close rate.
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, high-integrity, nimble, self-starting individual who is committed to the overall success & growth of the team and is eager to lead on day-to-day, heavy-lifting execution for live transactions. This candidate should have a strong grasp of middle market M&A and capital raising transaction execution and processes and possess the skillsets required to interact with clients of varying backgrounds and is well informed about middle-market deal market dynamics. Interest in and prior history of working in similar technical industries (industrials, technology, aerospace & defense, healthcare, etc.) is a BIG plus.
With exceptional personal productivity and satisfactory employee performance, the hired candidate will have the opportunity to be promoted within the group. In addition, the candidate will partake in the group's transparent compensation model that allows team members to share in the upside of the team's overall success.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our ITG sectors, investors, buyers, etc. over time
- Managing and executing on buyer interaction, transaction due diligence, etc.
- Review and oversee development of financial models, valuation analyses, research,
- Maintain strong relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels
- Lead on shaping industry reports and other marketing materials
- Support new business and marketing initiatives as appropriate
- Demonstrate a commitment to the group's success on new opportunities, mandates and overall growth
- Will possess or be expected to pass the FINRA series 79 exam (Investment Banking Professional)
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of true investment banking sell-side M&A transaction execution
- Four-year degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, liberal arts or similar
- High degree of maturity, integrity, demonstrated leadership skills and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail and work product quality
- Understanding of key M&A deal dynamics, transaction process, transaction legalese, etc.
- Self-starting team player who can excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Solid understanding of financial statements and financial modeling
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Capital IQ
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- This position can be located in New York, Boston, Denver, Richmond or Irvine, CA
Capstone Partners is one of the largest independently owned investment banking firms in the United States. For over 20 years, the firm has been a trusted advisor to leading middle market companies, offering a fully integrated range of expert investment banking and financial advisory services uniquely tailored to help owners, investors, and creditors through each stage of the company's lifecycle. Capstone's services include M&A advisory, debt and equity placement, corporate restructuring, special situations, valuation and fairness opinions and financial advisory services.
Headquartered in Boston, the firm has 175+ professionals across the U.S. and an international presence including over 450 professionals in 40 countries. With 12 dedicated industry groups, Capstone delivers sector-specific expertise through large, cross-functional teams on a global basis. Capstone has been recognized as one of the top investment banks to work for, the top 3 most referred firms, and received "Middle Market Firm of the Year" honors for the past seven years. For more information, visit www.capstonepartners.com.
11 East 44th Street10017, NY