Jr. Mine Engineer
Capstone Mining Miami, AZ
- Expired: July 28, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
We offer Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, and Opportunities for Growth.
Pinto Valley Mining Corporation (PVMC), a subsidiary of Capstone Mining, is a global leader in metal mining and processing, focused on Copper and Molybdenum production.
As a member of the PVMC team, you will have the opportunity to work for a company that places its highest priorities on supporting its people and the communities where they live, protecting the environment, and providing safe and secure working conditions.
Located just outside the Phoenix metro area, at PVMC you will enjoy working in a collaborative and diverse team environment with training, development, and career growth opportunities. We live by our values; Work Responsibly, Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, and Deliver Results.
About the Role
We are seeking a Jr. Mine Engineer to work on the Mine Engineering team focused on mine planning, drill and blast and mine projects.
Who We are Looking For
Are you a highly motivated individual with a commitment to the safety and well-being of your fellow employees? Do you consistently look for ways to improve yourself and others? Are you committed to living the Capstone Values? If so, then you are the kind of person that we are looking for.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Manage and ensure all employees and contractors are working in compliance with all Pinto Valley Mine standard operating procedures, MSHA safety guidelines, and are certified to execute the tasks/jobs assigned.
- Assist or be responsible for aspects of short range mine planning, including:
Drill and Blast sequence as per drill and blast engineer guidance
Dump design and sequencing
Mill Feed requirements
Leach pad design and sequencing
- Assist or direct the activities for long and short-term projects (i.e. reclamation, hydrology, pad design, dump design, third party engineering studies, blasting techniques, pit dewatering, and procedures).
- Ensure all activities are compliant with Company policies and procedures, federal and state regulations as well as local regulatory agencies.
- Contribute to annual, quarterly, and in Life of Mine forecasting and budgeting.
- Development and implementation of planning schedules, cost estimates, and evaluations of all projects.
- Complete studies and supporting documentation from screening to feasibility level.
- Review, investigate and develop appropriate recommendations regarding assigned engineering projects.
- Plan, budget, communicate, and coordinate to meet goals in a safe and efficient manner.
- Behave in a way that demonstrates support of Capstone's Vision and Values: Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, Deliver Results and Work Responsibly.
- Responsible for but not limited to all tasks/duties assigned or required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering or similar.
- Knowledge of theories and practices in mining engineering.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Excellent communication, analytical, management and problem solving skills are required.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to speak, comprehend, read, and write English fluently.
- Prior exposure to mine planning software (Vulcan, Terrain, ShotPlus, AcQuire) is preferred.
- Knowledge of drill-blast-load-haul open pit mining sequence is preferred.
- Prior experience in a copper operation strongly preferred.
Physical Demands of the Role
- This role is generally 75% office environment and 25% field environment.
- Ability to stand and walk for short durations, including walking up and down stairs and across uneven surfaces.
- Ability to kneel, crawl, stoop, and squat, occasionally in confined spaces.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Excellent Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance (effective on date of hire)
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Matching Program and Employee Share Purchase Plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Pinto Valley Mining Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Capstone Mining